• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Rail North's first year financials (ending 31st March 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pemma

Veteran Member
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04337712/filing-history

They recorded £16.8m profit

They took £298m revenue from ticket sales

They spent £255m staffing costs (£460,000 directors' remuneration.) This means the 3.6% pay rise offered will increase staffing costs by around £10m for the next financial year if the level of staffing remains the same, which it won't as more staff have been employed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SamYeager

I get an "access denied" using your link. So unless revenue increases to cover staff costs the profits will be much less next year?

BantamMenace

In the coming years I'll be interested to see how the leasing charges for rolling stock increases.

I get an "access denied" using your link. So unless revenue increases to cover staff costs the profits will be much less next year?

Potentially but then remember fares are linked to RPI so this would presumably go some way in offsetting the pay bill.

Established Member
The 'overview' tab on the Companies House link gives an interesting insight into the franchises Arriva bid for before they won one.

But it doesn't show Arriva Trains Wales, and I don't think Cross Country is there under another name. Prior to winning those two they had taken over Merseyrail and Northern Spirit from MTR.

pemma

Veteran Member
Potentially but then remember fares are linked to RPI so this would presumably go some way in offsetting the pay bill.

Fair rises come in to force in the 10th month of their financial year so it's really the previous year's fare rises which have to offset any increase in staffing costs.

pemma

Veteran Member
But it doesn't show Arriva Trains Wales, and I don't think Cross Country is there under another name. Prior to winning those two they had taken over Merseyrail and Northern Spirit from MTR.

They have a few registered company numbers. One is currently called Arriva Railways Wales or similar and the board contains the bidding team for the next W&B franchise.

pdeaves

Established Member

Those are separate companies. Legally, this one subsidiary has had several names whilst a 'holding' company, becoming Arriva Rail North and thence a 'live' company.

Status
Not open for further replies.