• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Trains Wales Prosecution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class377

My son is being threatened with prosecution

Notice of Prosecution, Barry to Cardiff Queen Street

ATW Problem

And countless other threads

This is an incredibly common problem on ATW and understandably they're cracking down on it. You can try and negotiate a settlement which will easily be in the three figure area, but this is entirely at their discretion. If you do manage to negotiate a settlement AND this is your first incident with them, then make sure you act within the law after this and don't try and commit fraud in the future as they will obviously be much more minded to take it to court!

Last edited:

thenorthern

Established Member
What stations were you travelling between and what station did you claim you got on from?

Class377

The price difference is irrelevant, there have been prosecutions over 10p before!

Wait for the letter, they'll have hundreds of similar cases to go through. There's a good chance they'll ask you for your version of events at which point you can grovel.

Class377

Ouch, on average that's the best part of 1,000 a day! I can see why they take it so seriously now (and I can also see the point of their poster campaigns, you really must be a mug to still try it on)!

Flamingo

Established Member
90p x 100,000 a year soon begins to seem like serious money...

Status
Not open for further replies.