• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Trains Wales Valley Lines Day Explorer - August 7th 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackClare

Hi all, I've never written one of these before so please bear with me :idea:

So, starmill and I are planning on doing the Valley Lines on August 7th. We'll be travelling from MAN on the 07:30 train to CDF, arriving at 10:39, and back on the 18:50, arriving back into MAN at 22:14.

The cost of a Valley Lines Day Explorer is £11 per adult, and £5.50 per child.

If you're interested, please let us know :) we already have a couple of other people planning to come.

Regards, Jack

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Temple Meads

Established Member
That's quite tempting, as I need most of the Valley Lines stuff. Can you get a railcard discount on the VLDE?

JackClare

Hahaha, sorry guys! I tried posting it and it just crashed, so I kept checking the forum and the thread wasn't listed, so I just kept trying to re-send and it kept crashing. Guess they just got caught in the system and all posted at once!

Apologies, folks...

Edit: Temple Meads: I don't think so. I've just checked and according to http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/pr74d6511aca42fd8c6e17e4e3e78f8a.aspx the section next to Railcards is blank. The only day ranger I've ever seen with railcard discount is the South Pennines. I was quite flummoxed by that :lol:

Last edited:

Temple Meads

Established Member

Kite159

Veteran Member
Valley lines are quite beautiful (in places), and sad in other places to see all the old industrial areas, plus you get the chance to bounce along on a 142/143 ;)

Starmill

Veteran Member
Hey guys - sadly there's no railcard discount :( Currently there are three/four of us, anybody who wishes to join or just drop in for a spell is more than welcome to do so. Most people will have seen much of the Valleys on the recent challenge, but if you want to go back in better weather with brighter days and catch the bits you missed, perfect opportunity :D

Last edited:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I *MAY* pop into Hereford much earlier than normal to come and say hi to everyone travelling down, and have a pre-work bash while I'm at it, but I don't promise that! I won't finish work until around 10 minutes after the northbound passengers come through, sadly.

If I do pop in on the event, I won't be doing the Valley Lines Explorer as each and every line is super dud for me!

Kite159

Veteran Member
It's tempting to pop back up to Wales to try and catch some of the valley lines in a better light (rather than raining).

Starmill

Veteran Member
It's tempting to pop back up to Wales to try and catch some of the valley lines in a better light (rather than raining).

Indeed, we can get the ones you missed last time? Have you done the Vale of Glamorgan or Maesteg?

Kite159

Veteran Member
Indeed, we can get the ones you missed last time? Have you done the Vale of Glamorgan or Maesteg?

I did the rest on the day of the Rugby final (note to self read up on events in Cardiff before heading to Cardiff), but the weather was pretty much a washout, so my views were very restricted to trying to keep the windows clear from mist

Status
Not open for further replies.