• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Yorkshire discussion

YorkRailFan

On Moderation
I've noticed an increase on E400mmcs on the 415, with 1961, 1967 and 1968 all operating the route according to Bustimes.org. Is Selby expecting more E400mmcs in the near future and where will the Gemini 2s that they're displacing go? Also, how long is 2578 staying on for? I believe its one of the few Commanders left at Arriva Yorkshire, its been operating 496s so far today.

1960, 1961, 1963, 1964, 1965, https://bustimes.org/vehicles/wray-ayk-1967

1968, all the above fleet numbers are E400mmcs operating on 415 today. 2578 on 496s.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kaliwax

E400MMCs and Gemini 2s are swapping, with the Geminis going to Cas and some of the E400MMCs going to Selby.

Castleford are responsible for Selby's maintenance anyway, so its very common to see Selby buses at Cas, and Cas buses at Selby. But the e400mmcs and Gemini swaps have been confirmed by a Selby driver.

Arriva have a vehicle shortage at the moment, with quite a few buses off the road, Pulsar 1443 and one or two B7RLE's are sat at the back of Wakefield depot, don't know what will happen to them. Pulsars 1475 and 1445 I've been told the engines have gone on them! 1475, had a new engine early last year. 1444 is back in service now, but the engine went on that one as well! I don't know where pulsar 1428 has gone though either.

With West Yorkshire looking like Franchising being the option to go to, I can't see Arriva doing anything or investing, as what's the point of investing in something that might not be there's in a few years.

Unless the 4 remaining commanders have a major failure, I imagine, they will keep going as long as they can.

Last edited:

JD2168

I believe the vehicle swapping is due to a Clean Air Zone in York City Centre.

Talking of other Selby based vehicles some of Evolutions seem a bit poor at the minute with some including 0665 the front bumper looks rather loose.

Kaliwax

I believe the vehicle swapping is due to a Clean Air Zone in York City Centre.

Talking of other Selby based vehicles some of Evolutions seem a bit poor at the minute with some including 0665 the front bumper looks rather loose.
Those evolutions has always been poor, the maintenance standards when they was at Tiger was shocking to say the least.

I thought the geminis was euro 6 as I'm sure they got converted back in 2019

stevieinselby

I thought the geminis was euro 6 as I'm sure they got converted back in 2019
They certainly were allocated funding to retrofit the Geminis for Euro VI – and given that in normal service each vehicle visits York at least half a dozen times they have needed to be Euro VI compliant since January 2022, I agree it isn't tenable that the swaps are because of the York CAZ. More likely they realise that the Geminis are looking and feeling tired and showing their age, and it's better to have decent buses on the depot's flagship route and move the Geminis to less high-profile routes where they won't spend so much time running at speed.

YorkRailFan

On Moderation
Bustimes is showing that 1956 hasn't been out since last Thursday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaliwax

Bustimes is showing that 1956 hasn't been out since last Thursday.

Most likely it is either tracking on the spare Castleford machine along with another double decker or its tracking as MMC 1950 as that bus is tracking for 2 different buses, 1950 and another UID one. Or it could be tracking as e200 1065, as that is also showing being on 2 different routes at the sametime.

Arriva Yorkshire Commander 1403 sat at the back of the depot with a NFS in the screen.

That's 3 left now, 2578, 1409 and 1414

Last edited: