• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Assessments October 2019 Croydon Southern

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevem39

Good morning , a stab in the dark but is there anyone on here that did there assessment test for southern in Croydon on the 16th October 2019 ??

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stevem39

You maybe able to help , I wanted to know what the six questions were, tell me a time.......... etc etc , not sure if yours would have been the same , it may jog my memory as to what ones I had , i can remember 4 but cant remember 2?

Mattydo

Ahh I’ve been back in for my MMI and kind of forgotten myself now. I couldn’t remember them before my MMI too! You do get the question sheet you filled in back though with some time to read over your answers before the interview starts. To be honest I was surprised by some of the examples I’d chosen as I could think of clearer ones at the time !

Anyway all passed. Remember your STAR technique and to emphasise what it was YOU did not your team or other people. It really is all about you. You’ll get asked how it made you feel a lot. Obviously in the example of a job like train driver you’ve done before don’t say you felt lonely. Talk about the positives. Following procedures doesn’t make you frustrated when they are long but reminds you they are there to prevent accidents. Etc etc. Good luck

Martin93

Congratulations to all have passed and good luck to anyone who has tests coming up. Has anyone been given a start date

stevem39

Well I was pretty sure when i applied it was for thameslink Orpington, however in my DMI they told me it was for southern and selhurst which didnt bother me , hownfar have you got ?

Martin93

Well I was pretty sure when i applied it was for thameslink Orpington, however in my DMI they told me it was for southern and selhurst which didnt bother me , hownfar have you got ?
Oh right and I’m starting March 1st

stevem39

Are you with thamslink ? What where your MMI questions , can you remember? Did you do all your interviews and assessments in Croydon?

Twotwo

You will find the questions are the same for each toc so was a bit pointless making this thread and enquiring those who attended the assesments on thisparticular date. If you use the search button you will find lots of help with the MMI. From top of my head it's following rules, preserving to achieve a task, task similar to train driver, doing a task where it was important not to make a mistake and dealing with an emergency situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.