• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Assistance required with identifying symbol for driver CPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcflappers

Good morning all,

I am training for my CPC (certificate of processional competence) Module 4 test and I just wondered, does anyone know what this symbol means? I have never seen it in my life.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 111
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Good morning all,

I am training for my CPC (certificate of processional competence) Module 4 test and I just wondered, does anyone know what this symbol means? I have never seen it in my life.
A complete guess, but is it the ferry lift? Arrow pointing upwards and "R" for "Raise"?

Joshua_Harman

Good morning all,

Could be the ‘Retarder’ but I’ve never seen one like that before.

However I doubt you’ll need that for the MOD4 Will ask you that. There’s only a small set of questions and none of them involve identifying “what this button does” or “what’s this thing used for?” So you should be fine! What type of bus was this on btw?

darloscott

I’ve never seen a reverse horn button look like that… but struggling to think what else it could be!

rownd

Possibly reverse gear select interlock, if it's a vehicle with a push-button selector for an automatic transmission?

Status
Not open for further replies.