• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Atoc Timetable Feed Not Being Updated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DynamicSpirit

Established Member
Anyone else experiencing issues with the online computer-readable CIF timetables at http://data.atoc.org/?

They seem to have stopped being updated. Usually a new set of files appears every Saturday. But there's been nothing there since 27 March - except the London Terminals feed was updated on 10 April.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I've noticed a few issues with the ATOC data feed recently. The general consensus seems to be that the ATOC feed will be phased out in favour of opendata.nationalrail.co.uk. Failing that, Peter Hicks hosts an excellent archive of NR CIF files at networkrail.opendata.opentraintimes.com.

DynamicSpirit

Established Member
I've noticed a few issues with the ATOC data feed recently. The general consensus seems to be that the ATOC feed will be phased out in favour of opendata.nationalrail.co.uk. Failing that, Peter Hicks hosts an excellent archive of NR CIF files at networkrail.opendata.opentraintimes.com.

Yeah that wouldn't surprise me too much. I've noticed over the last few years how the ATOC feed has silently gone from providing 3 weeks of data to 2 weeks and then to only providing the latest data file. Guess I'll need to start familiarising myself soon with the national rail open data files :)

Thanks for the Peter Hicks link. That looks like a good service!

------------------------

EDIT: Added on 14 April (Aaaargh - why is railforums automerging posts that are nearly 2 days apart?)

Seems to have been fixed for now. A new timetable appeared on data.atoc.org today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.