• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW 175 at Stoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewolf

Evening all,

About 15 minutes ago (2315), I saw an ATW 175 pulling in (judging by the slow speed) to Stoke-on-Trent station from the Manchester direction.

Had a look on the live departures/arrivals and saw nothing so assume it must be diverted on its way to somewhere.

Any idea where it's off to and why its been diverted?

I remember a while back (probably 18 months ago) seeing a service to Shrewsbury advertised late one evening, so I imagine its something similar.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Welshman

Established Member
Sometimes engineering works on the Crewe-Stockport line mean Shrewsbury-Manchester services are diverted from Crewe via Stoke, and reverse [ and vv.]

Judging by the time of your observation, it could have been the 2235 Piccadilly-Shrewsbury.

UPDATE - I've just checked the ATW website, and this is exactly what is happening this week, with a rail-replacement bus from Wilmslow to Shrewsbury!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.