ATW Business Class query

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by CKiltie, 29 Apr 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CKiltie

CKiltie Member

Hi Everyone.

Last year in November I travelled on the Gerald train with a First Class Britrail pass and I am going to do the same in May. I noticed that it has been rebranded to Business Class now so was wondering if a First Class Britrail Pass would still be valid on this service. Also, do you think I should contact ATW and try and get a seat reserved, it was not a problem last time though but will be travelling on it, on the Thursday evening train from Cardiff Central and might not be as busy as travelling on a Friday for example.

Thoughts??

Thanks

Craig

Last edited: 29 Apr 2015
  2. yorkie

yorkie Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Yes, this is still 1st class and your ticket is valid.

Any competent staffed booking office can issue the reservations.

Seat 1 is an 'individual' seat and us facing forwards in the direction of Holyhead.

3. David57

David57 Member

Used this train on Monday evening between Cardiff and Shrewsbury, with a 1st class ALR.
    I can't see why a Britrail pass wouldn't be accepted, and as for reservations, on the occasion I used the service, it wasn't that busy.
    The food was apsolutly superb, and is complementary for 1st class passengers.
    Enjoy!

4. SickyNicky

SickyNicky Verified Rep

I understand that they quite like people to reserve seats so they have an idea of how many meals they're likely to need to serve.

5. CKiltie

CKiltie Member

Thanks for replies,

Always appreciated.
    --- old post above --- --- new post below ---
    Thanks for reply, when I used it in November with a Britrail Pass, it was fine too but was just clarifying that nothing had changed since.

Shrewsbury seems to be quite a popular going to destination on this train it seems as that is where I am going too. :)

6. gray1404

gray1404 Established Member

I would reserve a seat if I were you. I have used this service once and it was was very busy. All the other times 1st has been quiet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.