• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW passanger charter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darandio

Established Member
I had class 9-12 am, however arriving at gone 2 and my routine being disrupted I was unable to attend the early classes.

One word for this................guff.

I'm not too bothered about a monetary refund (although it would be nice) however losing a chunk of my uni grades seems really harsh.

If you believe it is that harsh, you would have got your ar$e out of bed.

Welcome to the real world.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

krus_aragon

Established Member
no but if ATW acknowledge and pay out (thus admitting fault) my uni will credit my attendance based marks (in theory) however unless they do I have no proof.

Which of their courses have attendance-based marks? Is it university-wide? There was nothing of the sort at the Informatics department when I was there a decade ago, although they had decided to keep a register for first year lectures, to gather information on attendance vs achievement.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
The OP has been advised to contact ATW if they want to, but to not expect much. I don't see any need to go into discussion or speculation about the course, students in general or andywandy in particular.

I don't think there's anything else to add now. Getting in late as a result of a travel delay is something that can happen at any time, and passengers using any mode of transport should be prepared for such an eventuality, and for any consequences.

andywandy

update: I went to see my personal tutor and we rung up ATW together. ATW at first refused to refund and told me to send in a letter, then my tutor spoke and the ATW manager agreed to issue a full refund in the post. I no longer have lost attendance marks.

Thanks for the help guys,

Andy

DaleCooper

Established Member
update: I went to see my personal tutor and we rung up ATW together. ATW at first refused to refund and told me to send in a letter, then my tutor spoke and the ATW manager agreed to issue a full refund in the post. I no longer have lost attendance marks.

Thanks for the help guys,

Andy

ATW are sending a refund based on a telephone conversation with someone whose identity they could not confirm and without a ticket or written application, how odd.

andywandy

ATW are sending a refund based on a telephone conversation with someone whose identity they could not confirm and without a ticket or written application, how odd.

my ticket was scanned in. I can upload a copy of the letter for any non believers if anyone wants me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.