• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW to Rebrand Gerald Premier Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

headshot119

Established Member
No they dont. The schedule just hasn't been altered
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Both of them still DMU worked. Gerald's stock is at Crewe CS.

I wonder if they've deployed the "special trolley" with the microwave unit on board in place of the buffet car.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rhydgaled

Established Member
I wonder if they've deployed the "special trolley" with the microwave unit on board in place of the buffet car.
Was there ever such I thing? I read it was talked about for the 'WAG 2' class 175 service, but did it actually happen?

What's happened to the spare ATW coaches, surely they should have up them out to cover either Gerald or the north Wales - Manchester set? Unless it is the loco that is the problem and DB have no spare 67s, but isn't there supposed to be a pool of 3 (again, one spare) dedicated to ATW?

Last edited:

headshot119

Established Member
Was there ever such I thing? I read it was talked about for the 'WAG 2' class 175 service, but did it actually happen?

What's happened to the spare ATW coaches, surely they should have up them out to cover either Gerald or the north Wales - Manchester set? Unless it is the loco that is the problem and DB have no spare 67s, but isn't there supposed to be a pool of 3 (again, one spare) dedicated to ATW?

I'm told by someone who used to work for At Seat Catering that they do indeed have two trolleys equipped with a microwave, originally to be used for WAG 2 they know keep them as spares if the WAG stock doesn't run for whatever reason.

ATW have a pool of three class 67s:

Though other locos have been regularly used as well.

They also have a pool of DVTs:

the DVTs might be where the problem is, if they've all got bad flats (as is rumored) no amount of spare coaches will help.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
17 16 Cardiff to Holyhead tonight reported as Trolley service only. Also terminating Shrewsbury due train fault.

Erniescooper

Gerald's coaches (CF01) went up to Holyhead as 5T67 this afternoon so it looks like it will be back Monday.

Rhydgaled

Established Member
I'm told by someone who used to work for At Seat Catering that they do indeed have two trolleys equipped with a microwave, originally to be used for WAG 2 they know keep them as spares if the WAG stock doesn't run for whatever reason.

ATW have a pool of three class 67s:

Though other locos have been regularly used as well.

They also have a pool of DVTs:

the DVTs might be where the problem is, if they've all got bad flats (as is rumored) no amount of spare coaches will help.
I'm aware of the 3 locos, 3 DVTs and 3 sets of coaches in ATW livery, just not sure whether the 67s are still a dedicated pool since other 67s now seem to appear quite regularly (judging by the north Wales coast noticeboard website). I find it a bit of a supprise that they've seemingly had failures on all 3 of either DVTs, coach sets or locos.

Rhydgaled

Established Member
The info on RTT just has not been updated - the train is still pathed as normal. That's all.
Does RTT ever update to show a different type of stock vice the booked stock? I don't think it does, it doesn't even accurately tell you what the diagramed stock is (it would be nice if something that does was available, as you could then plan trips to avoid services that are planned to be worked by 4-car Voyagers etc.)

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Real Time Trains would only be altered in such cases if somebody altered the schedule which is not normally done so long as the train appears. As has been pointed out many times on this Forum, it is not a Diagram info system. What you see is what the train is timed for, i.e. if 90 mph Traction is shown it can be diagrammed for any class of traction that can maintain 90 mph timings.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Gerald's coaches (CF01) went up to Holyhead as 5T67 this afternoon so it looks like it will be back Monday.

From Crewe CS. Loco 67029

Last edited:

Jonfun

Established Member
I think I'd describe that as "family" not "agency".
Presumably they can work across the overall Arriva space, such as XC, not just ATW.

At Seat Catering Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of ATW to avoid having the complications (cough, cost) of employing staff directly, such as Uniform, Priv, and Pension. It's absolutely nothing to do with XC, GC, etc...

craigybagel

Established Member
They're all agency already. They're employed by At Seat Catering, an Arriva subsidiary.

I think I'd describe that as "family" not "agency".
Presumably they can work across the overall Arriva space, such as XC, not just ATW.

At Seat Catering Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of ATW to avoid having the complications (cough, cost) of employing staff directly, such as Uniform, Priv, and Pension. It's absolutely nothing to do with XC, GC, etc...

It is a bit of a weird one. The staff at At Seat wear the same uniforms, and their ID cards are identical to those carried by ATW staff. But they technically work for a different company, so they don't receive all the perks. As was mentioned above for example, they don't receive PRIV cards. XC catering staff are in house on the Voyagers and HSTs (retail service manager) on a decent pay with all the perks that go with railway employment. The trolley staff on the 170s though I believe are from a separate company.

That said, I'm not sure what the position is with the catering staff on Gerald (I don't sign it at present) but I understand they're separate from the normal At Seat trolley staff. I'm not sure though whether they're employed by ATW directly or whether they come under the At Seat banner.

headshot119

Established Member
They come under the At Seat Banner (All the menus and other paper information on display in the buffet make reference to At Seat Catering.)

They're on a different contract to the "normal" trolley staff though.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
1M96 17 16 Cardiff to Holyhead tonight formed 175/1 and 05 33 ex Holyhead in the morning likewise. Reason unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.