• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Auld Reekie,Edinburgh-Manchester steam trip this Saturday 24th March

Status
Not open for further replies.

cambsy

On Moderation
Has anyone got train times for this run? and can anyone help with which way round stock likely to be? as looking to do the rail tour and want to be up front behind Oliver Cromwell,so either do standard class or premier dining,any one else doing this trip?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Phil6219

Those timings do differ from the ones on the operators website, not really a puzzle though as it looks like they moved the timings forward a day earlier (as those clocks go forward this weekend)...

Booked to depart Manchester Victoria at 06:53 & 05:52 respectivly.

Sadly it's too early for me to get anywhere near the route in time thanks to the usual Saturday Service on the buses :(

Traditionally the loco is usually at the first class end of the train when it is a one way trip (I mean steam is only for one leg in this case).

Phil 8-)

Crossover

Established Member
This explains the mass of enthusiasts at Carlisle while I was there this lunchtime.

Judging by the fact I recognise some of the people on scoope's video, some of you guys had a long wait (yes, quite a large number of you were squeezed onto the very narrow end of the platform photting the 12:48 156 to Lancaster via Barrow!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.