• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmartin

Hi, flying into Geneva and then spending 5 nights, leaving from Grenoble in January. i'm thinking of spending a night in Geneva, then a night in Annecy, then going to Grenoble for the rest of it, potentially stopping off on the way at Chambéry-Challes-les-Eaux or somewhere for a lunch.

Is there any travel pass that would cover that? I'm basically just going from Geneva to Grenoble but stopping off at a few places on the way (I think going southwards each time!).

Any suggestions welcome!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gloster

Established Member
A quick look suggests that there isn’t anything suitable. Illico is for 2-5 people, but only on Saturdays and every day in the school holidays (it doesn’t mention Sundays), while the Carnet is only a specific repeated journey.

There is an annual Carte de Reduction Illico Liberté which costs €30 and allows you up to 25% off on weekdays and 50% at weekends. However, this probably limits you to TER trains and might not be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.