• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti - Apple Wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
Hi - I've just received an email confirmation an ticket from Avanti.

Any idea if one can get these into an Apple wallet?

I bought an Avanti ticket from Train Split last month and I could but this direct purchase doesn't seem to have an option

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Spamcan81

Hi - I've just received an email confirmation an ticket from Avanti.

Any idea if one can get these into an Apple wallet?

I bought an Avanti ticket from Train Split last month and I could but this direct purchase doesn't seem to have an option

Was there not an "Apple Wallet" option on the Avanti website when choosing how you wished the tickets to be delivered? It's certainly an option on the LNER site.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
I get an add to calendar option and a pdf option.

With the pdf there is a share button but the wallet isn’t an option

Voyager lad

I get an add to calendar option and a pdf option.

With the pdf there is a share button but the wallet isn’t an option
I asked them about this a couple of days ago after having the same happen to me. They’ve suspended compatibility with Apple Wallet for the time being, so you need to show the ticket in their app or the PDF you’ve been emailed

VauxhallandI

Established Member
I asked them about this a couple of days ago after having the same happen to me. They’ve suspended compatibility with Apple Wallet for the time being, so you need to show the ticket in their app or the PDF you’ve been emailed
Thanks, they didn't give you a reason I take it?

I used the Avanti site this time as I wanted the Nectar points; they did indeed have a seat selector but it wasn't as clear as trainsplit's one.

Having used the Avanti one before and it worked with Apple Wallet I didn't think it would be necessary to somehow check it still did. One doesn't expect a reverse in usefulness!

Voyager lad

Thanks, they didn't give you a reason I take it?

I used the Avanti site this time as I wanted the Nectar points; they did indeed have a seat selector but it wasn't as clear as trainsplit's one.

Having used the Avanti one before and it worked with Apple Wallet I didn't think it would be necessary to somehow check it still did. One doesn't expect a reverse in usefulness!
They just said due to ‘technical issues’, but that hope to have it back in the coming months. Very frustrating for me as likewise I enjoy getting the nectar points, especially on an expensive booking. The seat picker is hopeless but at least I know my favourite seats so it’s not too hard to use. But surely we should be able to get nectar points, pick our seat and use Apple Wallet? Considering having all 3 has existed for years

Status
Not open for further replies.