• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti Euston Roster

PlexiDriver

Hey,

Wondering if anyone has any recent information about the roster patterns at Euston for Avanti? I've seen the old Manchester roster around here, but people say even that is out of date AND that Euston have rest day weeks every 8 weeks rather than 5 anyway.

If anyone could give some info on the pattern, spare turns (heard a rumour they let you go after 3 hours if you've no booked work!), permanent swaps (lates or earlies etc.), overtime rates etc.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Firedriver

No idea about the roster but if you’re local pop down to Euston and have a chat with a driver. That’s what I did at another one of their depots

Amex88

Hey,

Wondering if anyone has any recent information about the roster patterns at Euston for Avanti? I've seen the old Manchester roster around here, but people say even that is out of date AND that Euston have rest day weeks every 8 weeks rather than 5 anyway.

If anyone could give some info on the pattern, spare turns (heard a rumour they let you go after 3 hours if you've no booked work!), permanent swaps (lates or earlies etc.), overtime rates etc.

This would be great to know! I got an interview next month with them. Would love to find this out before I attend the interivew!

Indistinct

Euston is 5-6 weeks between FD weeks. Some of those stints are quite intense with 9-10 days on the trot and possibly only 1 FD before another 4-6 days although the AL isn’t on the roster so in reality it may not be that bad. To balance that there are some blocks of 10 FDs.

39 week roster, 2 of those nights (x5 &x6)

Taxi agreement but can’t remember the exact times. HTH

PlexiDriver

FD weeks? Also those night shifts are they just Wembley and back? That sort of thing?

Are they 2 weeks of nights which can be 5 or 6 days you mean?

Indistinct

FD - Free Day, same as RD - Rest Day

Yes, 5 nights one week, 6 another. Not sure on work content but think it’s Wembley and back. Apparently easy to swap off as it’s an easy job with additional payment so people will take it off you.

PlexiDriver

Would anyone happen to know or have a Euston diagram? Just to see what a days work would look like?

Ses16

Euston is 5-6 weeks between FD weeks. Some of those stints are quite intense with 9-10 days on the trot and possibly only 1 FD before another 4-6 days although the AL isn’t on the roster so in reality it may not be that bad. To balance that there are some blocks of 10 FDs.

39 week roster, 2 of those nights (x5 &x6)

Taxi agreement but can’t remember the exact times. HTH
Jesus 9-10 days of work in a row? I’ve heard the rumors but didn’t think it was true.

Last edited:

Amex88

Yeah thats a no from me! I shall cancel the application. Thanks for the insight

PlexiDriver

Does Avanti allow for permanent swaps does anyone know?

Also anyone know what a days work looks like or have any older diagrams lying around?