• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti rail replacement buses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wombat

Apologies if this thread is in the wrong place!

On Sunday I'm travelling from Stockport to Euston with Avanti West Coast. The first phase of this journey is a replacement bus to Wilmslow (I assume engineering works or something). I loathe buses, so can you give me an idea of what to expect so that I can decide how much effort/money to devote to an alternative? Is it likely to be a decent coach or a standard bone-rattler bus?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NewSt

Apologies if this thread is in the wrong place!

On Sunday I'm travelling from Stockport to Euston with Avanti West Coast. The first phase of this journey is a replacement bus to Wilmslow (I assume engineering works or something). I loathe buses, so can you give me an idea of what to expect so that I can decide how much effort/money to devote to an alternative? Is it likely to be a decent coach or a standard bone-rattler bus?

It'll be a coach of some variety, most likely. Whether it will be decent or not, I do not know.

Bovverboy

Established Member
Could you not have gone via Sheffield on EMR or Leeds via LNER?

EMR are diverting via Romiley. As to Leeds, how would you get there from Stockport?

Or via Birmingham with XC and Avanti/LNR.

Both XC and Avanti are diverting via Styal. With XC it would be coach to Stoke.
The easiest way to avoid coach substitution would be to backtrack to Manchester Picc.

Status
Not open for further replies.