• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti Standard Premium Upgrade supplements

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Previous thread: https://www.railforums.co.uk/thread...ee-classes-of-travel-to-be-introduced.196484/

The trial fares are on sale from 26th October, the following flows:

London Euston - Stafford
London Euston - Crewe
London Euston - Runcorn
London Euston - Liverpool

The cost will range from £20 to £25.

Does anyone have more info about how this is being implemented?

(This thread is for what is actually happening; if anyone wishes to post ideas/suggestions, please do so in a new thread in the Speculative Ideas section, thanks :))

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Polarbear

Established Member
I've sent a request to Avanti to see if they will provide more information. Surprisingly, there's no information availble on their website as yet.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Looking at prices for Monday 26th October: (Prices for 1 adult-no railcards etc.)

12:07 London Euston to Stafford arrive 13:24- Advance Standard- £20.50
- Advance First- £29.00

No sign of any upgrades.

"Early Bird Anytime Single" for £91.50 is new to me- I've not seen this before. Any details? I can't seem to find these Early Bird fares on all Avanti routes.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member

Bungle965

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Early Bird Anytime Single" for £91.50 is new to me- I've not seen this before. Any details? I can't seem to find these Early Bird fares on all Avanti routes.
Bought 15 days before departure on the following routes and you get 20% off Anytime Single fares.
London Euston – Crewe/Stoke-on-Trent/Stafford/Wilmslow/Macclesfield/Stockport/Manchester Piccadilly

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Bought 15 days before departure on the following routes and you get 20% off Anytime Single fares.
London Euston – Crewe/Stoke-on-Trent/Stafford/Wilmslow/Macclesfield/Stockport/Manchester Piccadilly

Ok thanks for your help.

Appears to be a discounted Anytime Single if bought 15 days in advance.

Last edited:

Trackman

Established Member
It looks very much like it's "weekday weekend First"? Makes a lot of sense at the moment with few business travellers about!
I was about say that.
Still, I think Seatfrog will undercut it by a few quid.

I wonder if it is an upgrade rather than a ticket.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I was about say that.
Still, I think Seatfrog will undercut it by a few quid.

Thing is, Seatfrog is a load of faff compared with plonking yourself in 1st and coughing up to the guard when he appears.

I wonder if it is an upgrade rather than a ticket.

At those prices it absolutely is. That makes a lot of sense - to me the future of 1st is leisure and self-upgrading. Increasingly companies won't pay for it, and if you add a recession post-COVID into the mix then pretty much no companies will.

So I think we're potentially looking at the scenario of an "all week Weekend First" sort of thing, probably with weekend service being provided to those coaches all week rather than the full "posh" service. At least that's what putting it all together from this and previous threads on it gets you to.

Status
Not open for further replies.