• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti standard premium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stuart100100

Can anyone help with this, I'm trying to upgrade two advances to standard premium on Avanti's app. When I go to the upgrade option and before clicking make payment, it still shows the existing standard class seat reservations and won't let me change them.

So once you make the payment are those two reservations wiped and you get issued two new seat reservations? I was hoping to pick seats before paying the upgrade

lewisdicks

Can anyone help with this, I'm trying to upgrade two advances to standard premium on Avanti's app. When I go to the upgrade option and before clicking make payment, it still shows the existing standard class seat reservations and won't let me change them.

So once you make the payment are those two reservations wiped and you get issued two new seat reservations? I was hoping to pick seats before paying the upgrade

I was once on a train in Standard Premium earlier this year where a couple upgraded on the app and never got seat reservations in SP and lost their standard reservations. I'd contact Avanti on social media both before and after upgrading to ensure seats are definitely reserved before travel

stuart100100

I was once on a train in Standard Premium earlier this year where a couple upgraded on the app and never got seat reservations in SP and lost their standard reservations. I'd contact Avanti on social media both before and after upgrading to ensure seats are definitely reserved before travel
Thanks...I've gone through the upgrade process for the return journey now and the seat reservations for that leg change before making a payment so definitely seems to be a problem with the outward journey

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Is the outward a Voyager? SP isn't offered on those. Could also be fully reserved, though you could try your luck on the day (which is sometimes cheaper).

Status
Not open for further replies.