• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti - Trainee Train Drivers - Multiple Locations (28/02/23)

Emz88

Morning,

First timer on the forum, and wading my way through all the content, but I’ve not heard yet. Fingers Crossed and Good Luck to everyone.
Same here, well fingers and good luck to all those who have got through to the next level.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IW22

Morning ,
Recieved my email this morning for second stage OPC ,applied for Liverpool.
Good luck to everyone else..

Penny

Directing people to the relevant information will help to de-clutter this thread and make it much easier to achieve that.

The key difference is that this process was almost 'the great unknown' last time, but other people have now done the donkey work and generated a wealth of information over on the other thread. It truly is the best reading material for anybody who wants to fully understand the process!
I get that, but my point is that maybe some current applicants are feeling quite anxious at the moment, and would like to be able to come on here to just talk and support each other.
If this irritates previous applicants then they don't need to even be here!

gilly90

Anyone else from Liverpool received an E-mail for the second stage, I've not had anything, do you think it's over for me already

Really is difficult seeing that people have received their successful emails. It makes the waiting game even harder I think. Has their been anyone that was unfortunate enough to receive an unsuccessful email yet?

Anyone else from Liverpool received an E-mail for the second stage, I've not had anything, do you think it's over for me already
I wouldn’t stress over it until they tell you otherwise mate. Just a matter of being patient

gilly90

Really is difficult seeing that people have received their successful emails. It makes the waiting game even harder I think. Has their been anyone that was unfortunate enough to receive an unsuccessful email yet?

I wouldn’t stress over it until they tell you otherwise mate. Just a matter of being patient
Thanks mate I suppose only closed on the 14th, hopefully hear something by next week

nolypops83

Why would you think that? Only 2 or 3 on here have received a positive email and they've had hundreds of applications.

I’m intrigued as to how you were able to apply for 2 different depots that are 400 miles apart? I could have applied for 2 but I was told not to by Avanti as this could affect my application.
I applied for euston and after I finished that application I applied for Edinburgh, my browser didn't block me from doing this either to be fair..

GPR

No but I completed mine on Wednesday.
Hopefully going through the tests in the order they were completed.
One of the two who have had their next stage seemed to have completed there’s Sunday or earlier.

R2d270474

for the first five sets of tests they sent out to Euston applicants first on the 8th. The rest followed and were done by 10th. I think if you applied for Euston and didn’t hear back yesterday then it might be no cigar. That’s the boat I’m in.

I applied for euston and after I finished that application I applied for Edinburgh, my browser didn't block me from doing this either to be fair.

I get the part about how you can physically apply for two depots, there’s nothing stopping you. The part I don’t understand is how you can live within 1 hour of both depots that are 400 miles apart.

Aviator88

I get that, but my point is that maybe some current applicants are feeling quite anxious at the moment, and would like to be able to come on here to just talk and support each other.
If this irritates previous applicants then they don't need to even be here!

As they should - that's what the forum's here for. But if you sift through the unnecessarily sarky comments, you'll find that most replies linking to the other thread are actually answering people's questions in the most thorough way possible.

TK.

I've just received an invitation to complete the tests from the OPC, VSE and M7, and I've applied for Wolverhampton,
Aah congrats!! So pleased for everyone getting their invites.

I'm sat here patiently refreshing my emails, a bag of nerves Keeping everything crossed!

I get the part about how you can physically apply for two depots, there’s nothing stopping you. The part I don’t understand is how you can live within 1 hour of both depots that are 400 miles apart

I can relocate in a click of a finger to Edinburgh if needed, I can walk to euston if needed also.. hopefully that helps with any understanding

Morning ,
Recieved my email this morning for second stage OPC ,applied for Liverpool.
Good luck to everyone else..
Good luck!

rd79

Has anyone actually been told they are unsuccessful or is there only contact made with folk who have made it to next stage?

badger85

For those worrying, I didn't receive the email for the first stage until nearly 7pm whilst others had theirs for the same depot earlier that day or even the day before. Unless you've received an email confirming you're out, it's all still to play for!

DanielWhitt

Does
Sweet. Also completed mine on the 12th the deadline was the 13th.

Wouldn’t worry about it can only be one of two outcomes :)
Luckily I've got a week off work as of tomorrow so I'm going to use that time to practice alot. I seem okay at the questions, it's the train track tests I struggled with last time, but I atleast know where I went wrong and hopefully how to pass it this time

Last edited:

PF19

If people are this stressed out over waiting a couple days to find out about the initial OPC tests then they are in for a huge shock waiting months for the rest to happen :p:|

rd79

If people are this stressed out over waiting a couple days to find out about the initial OPC tests then they are in for a huge shock waiting months for the rest to happen :p:|
When some folk have heard and others haven’t then it’s completely understandable for the multiple messages of hope/concern. It’s great to see what it means to people

nolypops83

When some folk have heard and others haven’t then it’s completely understandable for the multiple messages of hope/concern. It’s great to see what it means to people

Sure, but I think its good to temper expectations or someone is likely to have a nervous breakdown before they even get the job.