• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti - Trainee Train Drivers - Multiple Locations (28/02/23)

JohnL93

I have just phoned the OPC up in Watford. I asked them if we would get an email either way and she said we would definitely hear back if you were unsuccessful as well as successful. She mentioned that they are currently processing tons of those initial tests so it could take a while to hear back. Hope this helps. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rd79

Sure, but I think its good to temper expectations or someone is likely to have a nervous breakdown before they even get the job.
Then this forum can be part of the filtering process haha any signs of someone having a breakdown we forward their username to opc ‍

jdwmfc

Interesting, for those still waiting, it may be they are working through in order completed, unless anyone in here can confirm they completed one day and had their results the next. Eg completed deadline day and already have results.

So might be worth forgetting it for the weekend and doing something non train orientated to take your mind off it.

Submitted on the 12th, deadline was 15th

JohnL93

Interesting, for those still waiting, it may be they are working through in order completed, unless anyone in here can confirm they completed one day and had their results the next. Eg completed deadline day and already have results.

So might be worth forgetting it for the weekend and doing something non train orientated to take your mind off it.
I think they are doing it by depot.

Sorcerer

I would like to assure everyone still waiting that the time taken to get back to you means nothing. Just be prepared for a long weekend wait, and remember further that this current recruitment drive is significantly faster than the one in October 2022, so until you've been told that you have failed or if they haven't gotten back to you by the time everyone is on different stages of selection, it's not over yet.

Spincity

I can relocate in a click of a finger to Edinburgh if needed, I can walk to euston if needed also.. hopefully that helps with any understanding

Good luck!
Hopefully having 2 applications won’t invalidate both of them, the advert didn’t give an option about relocating if successful. Good luck

jt1990

Is anyone who’s applied for Liverpool depot still waiting? Kind of wish I’d never joined this forum! Haha, good luck everyone :)

Penny

Is anyone who’s applied for Liverpool depot still waiting? Kind of wish I’d never joined this forum! Haha, good luck everyone :)
I'm still waiting!
Convinced myself it's game over so it's going to be a very looooooong weekend!
Hoping we hear either way Monday.

dayuss

Just had my invitation for the next stage for VSE and M7. I applied for Wolverhampton depot. Does anyone have any idea as to how many weeks notice they provide for the in person assessments (stages 3, 4 and 5) or do they offer multiple slots to choose and attend?

EchoMike

Just had my invitation for the next stage for VSE and M7. I applied for Wolverhampton depot. Does anyone have any idea as to how many weeks notice they provide for the in person assessments (stages 3, 4 and 5) or do they offer multiple slots to choose and attend?
Wow, still invites going out at 6pm. That’s mad.

cono93

Looks like us Manchester and Scotland applicants will be waiting the weekend!

Have a great weekend everyone. :D

Stephanie92

Hope that's the case! You have a good weekend too x

I'm trying to just not think about it for the next couple of days at least! Let's hope we get good news next week x
Thank you! It’s officially the weekend, so maybe we should all be patient for Monday to come now. Best of luck to you!

gavdaw

I'm still waiting!
Convinced myself it's game over so it's going to be a very looooooong weekend!
Hoping we hear either way Monday.
Same here. what worries me is at the end of the test it just seemed to finish. i was expecting a big fancy Well Done finish screen. In the stress of it I can’t remember what the last screen actually said!!!
i waited a bit then went i log in again and it told me “ you have no assessments to complete”
Have i missed something??