• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast Rolling Stock Updates

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Triumph

Am I right in thinking that there is no interworking between the West Midlands to London and Holyhead/Chester to London services?
No, its just that there are far more Holyhead/Chester services than West Midlands.
There are a couple of diagrams they stay on WM services all day, but they all have to get to/from Barton UN Depot at some point during the week.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Getting more and more unlucky to have an unrefurbished set, plus June completion is still on target.

richierail72

Hey, don't turn it around on us ;) If we're advertised a feature, you'd think we should be able to trust that it works, no?

I always bring a charger, but when my backpack is so full that it's going to cause everything to topple out if I'm rummaging through it to get my lead, it'd be so much easier if seeing as there are wireless chargers right there, they worked!

A USB cable comes free with the phone, btw - but from iPhone 15 (2023's new model) onwards it's USB-C which does not fit into USB sockets on trains.
I have a Samsung S23 Ultra which charges at up to 45W through USB-C, and up to 15W through wireless charging, and yesterday went to Birmingham International and back from Euston. I decided to sit at a table in Standard Premium on the journey there on the table for one and found the wireless charger a challenge to find the correct spot to charge it up, once I did, it worked fine, albeit a bit slow, but it still got me from 85% to 100% by the time we got to Birmingham.
On the return journey, I went to a Standard aircraft-style seat and had my charger plugged into the 13A socket in the back of the seat in front of me, and it kept starting up and dropping out, and not really charging up. I swapped my USB-C 45w PD charger for an older 18w PD charger that I had@, and it worked fine.
It seems there is not enough power in these 13A plug sockets to run a high-powered charger for a modern phone.
The 45w charger works fine on the Hitachi Javelin High-Speed trains that I use to get from Kent to London.