• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Average wait for response after interview (Scotrail)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZFS88

Hi

I had an interview a couple of weeks ago with Scotrail. Does anyone know roughly how long I could be waiting to find out if I was successful or not?
Also, if successful how long do they give between offering the job to the start of training?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

4F89

This is the railway. Anywhere between 2 weeks and 2 years is perfectly possible

GG96LFC

Was it for a train driver role? If so, 2 weeks is how long it took Virgin trains to contact me after interview so Scotrail should be about the same

S16

Which area did you apply for and what role? Assuming Train Driver, folk for Inverness have been waiting a few weeks with no news yet. Folk for Motherwell/Yoker had a response the following day. There doesn't seem to be a standard response time I'm afraid

Matman182

Hey guys, I had an interview with them too and I heard the next day via email, maybe give them a call to see what's going on?

Its either in your spam and you missed it or you maybe didn't get through sorry but you should've still heard.

The start date is the 21st of January for myself and anyone else that I know.

Good luck guys

Highlander75

Hey guys, I had an interview with them too and I heard the next day via email, maybe give them a call to see what's going on?

Its either in your spam and you missed it or you maybe didn't get through sorry but you should've still heard.

The start date is the 21st of January for myself and anyone else that I know.

Good luck guys
Was that for drivers posts?

ZFS88

I have received an email now telling me that I was successful but due to there being more successful candidates than jobs to fill that I have been placed in a reserve pool. Is this positive news or do people often get this without getting offered a job? This was for an Ticket Examiner role.

Matman182

Mine is still showing “ under consideration “ but has been for 2 weeks .. it’s for one of vehicle presentation posts.

If that's the case then I'd just wait, it can take a long time, I waited months after the 1st round and even emailed them and they just said its how it can be so if recommend just being patient

Highlander75

If that's the case then I'd just wait, it can take a long time, I waited months after the 1st round and even emailed them and they just said its how it can be so if recommend just being patient
No choice but to wait and see ‍♂️

Shirekid

Hi anyone been interviewed for Vehicle Presentation job at Ayr Townhead and heard back yet? Interview was 4th December and application says under consideration still

Highlander75

I have received an email now telling me that I was successful but due to there being more successful candidates than jobs to fill that I have been placed in a reserve pool. Is this positive news or do people often get this without getting offered a job? This was for an Ticket Examiner role.
Did you ever hear anyth
had same reply for different job but had been told by someone that worked there I got the job .. and the guy says the email doesn’t mean anything ‍♂️

ZFS88

Did you ever hear anyth

had same reply for different job but had been told by someone that worked there I got the job .. and the guy says the email doesn’t mean anything ‍♂️

No still not heard anything back since. Where was ur job for?

Highlander75

Ive heard its really common for them to do this but ive no idea how long to expect to be waiting on the reserve list
Just frustrating to be told you have passed interview but no job at present... it may be that with all trainee drivers / drivers getting taken on that all other jobs are out on back burner

ZFS88

Just frustrating to be told you have passed interview but no job at present... it may be that with all trainee drivers / drivers getting taken on that all other jobs are out on back burner

I was told during my interview that Driver training does take priority over any other role having a training course at the centre so i am hoping that may be the hold up, it would be depressing to go through it all and once the 6 months on the reserve list is over you need to apply again.

Highlander75

I was told during my interview that Driver training does take priority over any other role having a training course at the centre so i am hoping that may be the hold up, it would be depressing to go through it all and once the 6 months on the reserve list is over you need to apply again.
Can only hope .. they could miss out on a lot of good employees by delaying.. people will just apply for other jobs

Highlander75

Noticed my application has changed back to submitted was previously under consideration.. any idea if that’s good or bad?

Lewis H

I had a friend who had an interview with scotrail and he found out within a week that he was unsuccessful, Maybe no news is good news

ZFS88

I still havent heard anything after being told at the start of December I would be held in a reserve pool for 6 months. Not sure if it would be worth while emailing to ask if any jobs will be coming up in the near future.

Highlander75

I still havent heard anything after being told at the start of December I would be held in a reserve pool for 6 months. Not sure if it would be worth while emailing to ask if any jobs will be coming up in the near future.
In the same boat but I’ve been led to believe the post I applied for hasn’t been filled yet

Status
Not open for further replies.