• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avios- Emerald Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bungle965

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Just noticed that my flights booked through Aer Lingus but attributed to my BA Executive Club have appeared as “Ineligible Flights“ on my BA account and therefore no Avios points added. Any ideas why this is?

Attachments

• British Airways - Transaction Search.jpeg.png
    British Airways - Transaction Search.jpeg.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 16
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I think Emerald Air is legally a separate company - albeit one that operates as a liveried Aer Lingus partner?

Bungle965

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
It seems that certain Emerald Airlines flights aren't eligible, that is, the ones operated under a franchise agreement with Aer Lingus.
Thanks, something clearly I had no idea website blindly allowed me to enter in my BA Exec Club number for myself and my partner.
Isn’t that every flight that Emerald operate however? I didn’t think Emerald had any flights operated on their own.

Cloud Strife

Established Member
Thanks, something clearly I had no idea website blindly allowed me to enter in my BA Exec Club number for myself and my partner.
Isn’t that every flight that Emerald operate however? I didn’t think Emerald had any flights operated on their own.

Yes, the information is buried away on the BA site, but I found this (screenshot shows Avios awarded for flights on Aer Lingus and Emerald Airlines)

1698325219198.png

So it looks like your fare class simply isn't included for whatever strange reason. It is very odd, but if I understand correctly, it seems that there's a difference between the Aer Lingus routes out of Dublin and those operated from elsewhere. If I'm guessing, it's that Aer Lingus might be taking the revenue risk and simply paying Emerald Airlines a fixed fee for the non-PSO Dublin routes, while Emerald is operating the Belfast routes on a fully commercial basis and simply paying Aer Lingus for the name/booking engine.

Bungle965

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Yes, the information is buried away on the BA site, but I found this (screenshot shows Avios awarded for flights on Aer Lingus and Emerald Airlines)

View attachment 145400

So it looks like your fare class simply isn't included for whatever strange reason. It is very odd, but if I understand correctly, it seems that there's a difference between the Aer Lingus routes out of Dublin and those operated from elsewhere. If I'm guessing, it's that Aer Lingus might be taking the revenue risk and simply paying Emerald Airlines a fixed fee for the non-PSO Dublin routes, while Emerald is operating the Belfast routes on a fully commercial basis and simply paying Aer Lingus for the name/booking engine.
Very interesting, thank you.
We were O on out and A on return so that wouldn’t put us in the eligible fare class either.

Status
Not open for further replies.