• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Awaiting start with TFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rme6

I’m going tomorrow but they were offering me another dates as well.

I’ve send my documents 7/11 so if you did after me probably they’ll contact you soon.
Did they send you the confirmation email? I have no idea where I'm going and what to take with me.

ruby

Hi all, just joined this forum. Used to be with night tube now looking to go back. Sent in my documents 8th November and still awaiting a call up for medical and other verifications. Is there anyone else who submitted in November still waiting? Thanks

Mabs

Hi all, just joined this forum. Used to be with night tube now looking to go back. Sent in my documents 8th November and still awaiting a call up for medical and other verifications. Is there anyone else who submitted in November still waiting? Thanks
I submitted my forms on the 2nd of November and heard nothing back.

I have since passed all the trainee train driver assessments and passed the MMI interview all in November and December.

I have the final interview (DMI) next week and if I get the job I'll cancel the TFL night tube role.

ruby

I submitted my forms on the 2nd of November and heard nothing back.

I have since passed all the trainee train driver assessments and passed the MMI interview all in November and December.

I have the final interview (DMI) next week and if I get the job I'll cancel the TFL night tube role.
Thanks and let me know if you hear
back from tfl

BlackZeta

I was calling recruitment two days ago. I’ve found out that there’s a training in March but it’s fully booked. The lady said that looking at my position on the list she would expect me to be called for a training maybe even in June.. depends of business needs.. so not a good news. I’m already after medical checks and waiting for another step.

Rme6

Had my medical on 17th January and was told that I passed, now waiting for the next step. Never felt so unwanted in my life.

KingKiev123

Just got to be patient guys. It took 15 months betn getting my offer and starting (obviously due to Covid) but they did give a waiting time of around 8 months just before Covid hit.

Last edited:

Mabs

I just got an email from TFL to let me know I have been placed on the waitlist.

Anusha

I had my final csa2 competency interview on 16th December but still haven’t heard back from them. Does anyone think they might have stopped recruiting cz I heard something like they are cutting the number of csa due to revenue or something

Rme6

I had my final csa2 competency interview on 16th December but still haven’t heard back from them. Does anyone think they might have stopped recruiting cz I heard something like they are cutting the number of csa due to revenue or something
No, don't worry, they will call you, they are very slow. If you read the details on job advert it says they are recruiting for a waiting list over the next year. Don't despair.

I just got an email from TFL to let me know I have been placed on the waitlist.
Did you have the video call from REED for work reference checks?

Last edited:

Mabs

No, don't worry, they will call you, they are very slow. If you read the details on job advert it says they are recruiting for a waiting list over the next year. Don't despair.

No video call from Reed. Just an E-Mail.

ruby

I was calling recruitment two days ago. I’ve found out that there’s a training in March but it’s fully booked. The lady said that looking at my position on the list she would expect me to be called for a training maybe even in June.. depends of business needs.. so not a good news. I’m already after medical checks and waiting for another step.
hiya, are you night tube?

seems like the full time positions are going faster than night tube.

Last edited:

Anusha

Thank you it would give me a peace of mind if atleast I get to know whether I had passed or not

Rme6

Was told the same thing today.

FinchN9

I had my interview the same day and still not heard anything either. I rang them on the 4th and they said I should hear by the 14th, rang on the 14th said I should hear by the 21st. Still nothing. The person from HR said they were awaiting confirmation to send out the outcomes. So yeah.

pitdiver

Things have certainly changed from when I joined LUL back in 89. Went for an interview and assessment at Baker Street in the morning, medical at Griffith House in the afternoon. This was late April early May. Commenced training at the RTC ( Railway Training Centre ) 6th June

Anusha

I had my interview the same day and still not heard anything either. I rang them on the 4th and they said I should hear by the 14th, rang on the 14th said I should hear by the 21st. Still nothing. The person from HR said they were awaiting confirmation to send out the outcomes. So yeah.
I called them 2 days ago Thursday and they said I should hear back before the end of January and yh I was told the exact same thing. How did your interview go ?

FinchN9

I called them 2 days ago Thursday and they said I should hear back before the end of January and yh I was told the exact same thing. How did your interview go ?
It could be me just surmising.. but it falls in line with the waiting to hear back about funding narrative as the extension runs out on the 4th. So we shall see! I was going to call today but seeing what they said to you seems no point.

Yeah it went well I thought! The lady said I should still here back about the outcome within 2 weeks even though it was Christmas. And made mention of hearing training dates when I do, so I took that as a positive. How about you?? I would like to think if it was a no they would have told us by now..

Anusha

It could be me just surmising.. but it falls in line with the waiting to hear back about funding narrative as the extension runs out on the 4th. So we shall see! I was going to call today but seeing what they said to you seems no point.

Yeah it went well I thought! The lady said I should still here back about the outcome within 2 weeks even though it was Christmas. And made mention of hearing training dates when I do, so I took that as a positive. How about you?? I would like to think if it was a no they would have told us by now..
Mine went well too and I am quite positive about the come but sometimes you never know.
I was told the exact same thing about hearing back over Christmas time.

Do you think they would have already emailed the people who didn't get through? I wish that's the case and we are only waiting for a success email

Londonkens

Glad the group is staying active, let’s keep it this way with all the info you receive and I’ll update you on mine when I can

So frustrating all this waiting, it will be worth it in the end

Still haven’t had my medical and passed the interview on December 2nd 2021

Rme6

Glad the group is staying active, let’s keep it this way with all the info you receive and I’ll update you on mine when I can

So frustrating all this waiting, it will be worth it in the end

Still haven’t had my medical and passed the interview on December 2nd 2021
I think they are giving around 8/9 weeks gap between each stage once you pass your interview. hopefully it will be soon for you

FinchN9

Mine went well too and I am quite positive about the come but sometimes you never know.
I was told the exact same thing about hearing back over Christmas time.

Do you think they would have already emailed the people who didn't get through? I wish that's the case and we are only waiting for a success email
I would like to think they would have emailed the people that didn’t get through.. imagine waiting 6 weeks to get a no. That’s pretty brutal! Haha.

My thinking is that we hopefully have the job, just is there a job to have. What with the funding issues. Best bad case scenario is waitlist after going through all the process!

Fingers crossed though, all we can do is hope for the best and keep waiting. We will hear when we hear. Nice to know someone else is waiting though. I thought it was just little old me they had forgotten about! Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.