• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Azuma 9 or 10 car

scuzzer

Evening

We travel occasionally on the LNER Azuma between Leeds and London.

Is there a way of knowing if it will be a 9 car or 10 car and get our steps in on the journey ?!

One of them you can walk right through if I remember, ta

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AJDesiro

If you want to know prior to the day, I recommend making a booking on either the LNER website, or the forums built in booking site (you have to add to basket), it should show you a seating plan which will give an indication of whether it’s 9 or 10 cars. You cannot walk through the 10 cars as they are two 5 carriage trains coupled together.

Kilopylae

Are you sure a train is the best venue for 'getting your steps in'? They can often be quite busy and cramped. If you don't have luggage, another option might be to just walk home from the station...

scuzzer

Are you sure a train is the best venue for 'getting your steps in'? They can often be quite busy and cramped. If you don't have luggage, another option might be to just walk home from the station...
Don't fancy a 200km plus walk!

A52 is nearly always booked a 10car.

RTT will only show on the day when the allocations have been done in LNER systems.
Thanks!

If you want to know prior to the day, I recommend making a booking on either the LNER website, or the forums built in booking site (you have to add to basket), it should show you a seating plan which will give an indication of whether it’s 9 or 10 cars. You cannot walk through the 10 cars as they are two 5 carriage trains coupled together.
Thanks!