• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Azuma restricted view seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamn

Does anyone know of any way to know which Azuma seats have a restricted view? The LNER plans now show those with no view, but I am aware that many seats have *almost* no view, which aren't shown. I'd rather not be sitting in one...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Does make me wonder why railways and airlines don't see fit to provide seating plans that show the actual window positions, which short of grabbing the exit row, near the front or sitting by your mate is the only reason to prefer, say, row 19 over row 20 in an aircraft. Not even Seatguru does it.

williamn

I think LNER does for the 225's but not the Azumas. Annoying. I did a trawl of pic of Azuma interiors last night so think have identified some decent seats from that.

route101

Established Member
I remember trying to count the seats from end of coach, Last time I was on Azuma I didn't get a good seat, next time I shall take a picture of seat numbers so I can select.

westv

Established Member
I did post a part answer an answer to this question ages ago somewhere else on the forum. I will see if I can find it.

Edit:
In the 9 coach set . Coach B 11/12/13/14/39/40/41/42/73/74/75/76 Plus the first two rows at either end have greatly reduced visibility.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.