• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

B&NES/Somerset/North Somerset small bus operators

Status
Not open for further replies.

THarris123

Established Member
This is a new thread for anything relating to any of the smaller bus firms operating around the B&NES/Somerset/North Somerset area - Somerbus, Citistar, CT Coaches, Bugler, Webberbus, etc.

Feel free to post anything about the bus services, etc, for these companies.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
As I've now created this, I thought I'd better post to this thread.

Somerbus are changing services in September:-
175 - minor changes
185 - Changing to start/finish at Clutton
636 - Changing days to Mon, Wed, Fri
668 - Changing to Monday
683 - taken over by Somerbus
82/A - no changes
777 & 754 - operated by B&NES from September
640 - no changes
757 - no longer serving Bath

Citistar changes:-
Taking over 768. This will now be operated from Farrington Gurney. There will only be two journeys every day between Farrington and Bath, unlike at the moment where there's 3 on a Tuesday/Thursday.
135/128 - new service around Chew Valley/North Somerset.

CT Coaches changes:
768 - taken over by Citistar
672 - taken over by Buglers
2 (Bath) - taken over from First.
4 (Bath) - taken over from First.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaveHarries

Established Member
Out of interest have you got any evidence to back this up?
I haven't seen registrations from CT for either the 2 or the 4 but First did recently register cancellations for both routes: they appeared recently on the VOSA registrations.

Dave

swifty

Established Member
I haven't seen registrations from CT for either the 2 or the 4 but First did recently register cancellations for both routes: they appeared recently on the VOSA registrations.

Dave

Not quite, the 2 has been cancelled, however First have registered timetable changes from the same date for the 4. Hence my query of evidence CT are taking it over.

matt_splat

I have been told the 2 is going to ct coaches by several sources

the 4 on the other hand I believe may have been won by first

where did you find out about these changes

THarris123

Established Member
I got the info that the 4 was going to CT from the owner of Somerbus. I think only part of the 4 is going to CT.

Class 33

Established Member
Wessex Connect news. And from August 31st the 12 UWE-Centre route will be axed, First's new service 71 will take over the same route and onto Temple Meads. And in it's place a new 12C service. UWE-Centre via a bit of a different route via LOCKLEAZE Cameron Walk, then Filton Avenue and Gloucester Road.

Last edited:

winston270twm

Established Member
Wessex Connect news. And from August 31st the 12 UWE-Centre route will be axed, First's new service 71 will take over the same route and onto Temple Meads. And in it's place a new 12C service. UWE-Centre via a bit of a different route via LOCKLEAZE Cameron Walk, then Filton Avenue and Gloucester Road.

12/12C is From the 12th September:

PH1066711/108 - FLIGHTS HALLMARK LTD, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Frenchay Campus and Frenchay Campus given service number 12/12c effective from 12-Sep-2014. To amend Timetable.

Other changes include:

PH1066711/109 - FLIGHTS HALLMARK LTD, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Frenchay Campus and Frenchay Campus given service number 11A effective from 12-Sep-2014. To amend Timetable.

PH1066711/50 - FLIGHTS HALLMARK LTD, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between University of Bath and University of Bath given service number 20A/20C effective from 31-Aug-2014. To amend Timetable.

PH1066711/90 - FLIGHTS HALLMARK LTD, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Bath, Pines Way and Ralph Allen School given service number 20R effective from 31-Aug-2014. To amend Timetable.

PH1066711/95 - FLIGHTS HALLMARK LTD, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Southmead Hospital and Bower Ashton given service number 505 effective from 31-Aug-2014. To amend Timetable.

New Park & Ride Route:

PH1066711/117 - FLIGHTS HALLMARK LTD, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Portway Park & Ride
Finish Point: Portway Park & Ride
Via: Clifton Village
Service Number: 901
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 31-AUG-2014
Other Details: Monday to Saturday.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th

PH1066711/108 - FLIGHTS HALLMARK LTD, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Frenchay Campus and Frenchay Campus given service number 12/12c effective from 12-Sep-2014. To amend Timetable.

Other changes include:

PH1066711/109 - FLIGHTS HALLMARK LTD, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Frenchay Campus and Frenchay Campus given service number 11A effective from 12-Sep-2014. To amend Timetable.

PH1066711/50 - FLIGHTS HALLMARK LTD, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between University of Bath and University of Bath given service number 20A/20C effective from 31-Aug-2014. To amend Timetable.

PH1066711/90 - FLIGHTS HALLMARK LTD, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Bath, Pines Way and Ralph Allen School given service number 20R effective from 31-Aug-2014. To amend Timetable.

PH1066711/95 - FLIGHTS HALLMARK LTD, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Southmead Hospital and Bower Ashton given service number 505 effective from 31-Aug-2014. To amend Timetable.

New Park & Ride Route:

PH1066711/117 - FLIGHTS HALLMARK LTD, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ

Following on from March/April's introduction of commercial services by First in South Gloucestershire, it does seem that First are putting a bit of a squeeze on Rotala in North West Bristol now!

swifty

Established Member

Other changes include:

New Park & Ride Route:

As far as I can see the 11/12 have been combined to form a 15 min freq down Gloucester Road, and then all journeys are extended from the Centre down Anchor Road to Bower Ashton. The 11A is now back running every 15 minutes between Market Gate and Bower Ashton. The 12 only runs Mon-Fri though, and only during term time, replaced by the 12C UWE - Centre during holidays.

The 14 seems to be roughly every 20 minutes (more at peak) from 0730 until 2300 from September, although carries on until 0200 on Mondays and Saturday only!

More info here http://www.wessexbus.com/news/BusServicestoUWECampuses_245.html

Last edited:

THarris123

Established Member
I saw Faresaver had a rather bad accident with one of their Mercs (I think) today. Saw one of their buses on a breakdown truck heading towards Trowbridge area with the front in pieces. Funny to see!

winston270twm

Established Member
As far as I can see the 11/12 have been combined to form a 15 min freq down Gloucester Road, and then all journeys are extended from the Centre down Anchor Road to Bower Ashton. The 11A is now back running every 15 minutes between Market Gate and Bower Ashton. The 12 only runs Mon-Fri though, and only during term time, replaced by the 12C UWE - Centre during holidays.

The 14 seems to be roughly every 20 minutes (more at peak) from 0730 until 2300 from September, although carries on until 0200 on Mondays and Saturday only!

More info here http://www.wessexbus.com/news/BusServicestoUWECampuses_245.html

I've had some replies to my questions re: Wessex UWE services/new First services from Simon Dunn on another forum, might be of interest?

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=2074.990

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Whatever happened to Cook's Coaches, who used to run several services around Taunton when I lived there, including the Honiton service that served the racecourse and were the first operators of the Silk Mills P&R?

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Whatever happened to Cook's Coaches, who used to run several services around Taunton when I lived there, including the Honiton service that served the racecourse and were the first operators of the Silk Mills P&R?

Cooks were bought out by Stagecoach when they were looking to expand into Somerset.

Sadly, after a promising start, they lost work incl. P&R to Webberbus and a number of routes to Hatch Green Coaches. Think they also lost work round Tiverton to Beacon Bus. Then some subsidy cuts a few other routes go so Wellington depot was reduced to Outstation basis. They still have a few routes such as Taunton - Chard - Yeovil and Taunton - Honiton - Seaton.

iantherev

Cooks were bought out by Stagecoach when they were looking to expand into Somerset.

Sadly, after a promising start, they lost work incl. P&R to Webberbus and a number of routes to Hatch Green Coaches. Think they also lost work round Tiverton to Beacon Bus. Then some subsidy cuts a few other routes go so Wellington depot was reduced to Outstation basis. They still have a few routes such as Taunton - Chard - Yeovil and Taunton - Honiton - Seaton.

I believe one of the managers decamped to Hatch Green after the Stagecoach takeover and used local knowledge to good effect.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Always liked Cook's back then... Seems to be a recurring theme of Stagecoach buying up smaller firms and then cutting them back. Same thing happened when they bought Yorkshire Traction only to cut the Huddersfield to Barnsley routes and then hive off the Huddersfield depot to what is now Arriva's 'Yorkshire Tiger'... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.