• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bachmann "Jubilee" coupling rod issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter C

Established Member
Hello,
Last year, I got the Bachmann Sliver Jubilee set, which included a Class 47 and "Jubilee" (steam engine). These are both excellent models, but the "Jubilee"s coupling rods somehow ended up in a, shall we say, not-normal position. I didn't take any photos, but from memory the coupling rods were in such a way that they were pointing upwards more than towards the cylinders.
I took the coupling rod assembly out of the overall engine model to try and sort it out. However, now that I have taken it out, I have realised that it is far too difficult for me to sort out. Are there any ways in which I could either;
A) buy a new assembly
or
B) send my one to somewhere (e.g. Hatton's, if they offer such a service) to get it repaired.
As this engine is so detailed and is a very good model overall, I would really like it to be up-and-running again as soon as possible!

Thanks,

-Peter

(sorry for posting so much on the forums today. I have had lots of topics to talk about.)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
:lol: That’s what it’s here for...
Hattons do certainly do repairs and are helpful (I spoke to them a couple of weeks ago).
As long as you’ve got all the bits and they’re not bent or mangled I’d have thought that they could put it all back together for you?
You’re a braver man than me attempting to take that lot apart!

Peter C

Established Member
:lol: That’s what it’s here for...
Hattons do certainly do repairs and are helpful (I spoke to them a couple of weeks ago).
As long as you’ve got all the bits and they’re not bent or mangled I’d have thought that they could put it all back together for you?
You’re a braver man than me attempting to take that lot apart!
OK. Thanks :)

Yes; I do have all of the pieces of the coupling rods. I also have all of the screws, but I can't remember where they go, so good luck to whoever tries to repair it! :)

I don't think I'm "brave"; "numpty" is more accurate!

EDIT: I've had a (brief) look at the Hatton's site and there is nothing which I can see that says "repairs" or similar. Please send help. :)
EDIT, Part 2: I've Googled "Hattons Repairs" and their website says that they repair engines which were purchased from them, as long as they are still under warranty. My Jubilee came from Hattons late last year, so it should meet the requirements. I'll get in touch with them and see if they would charge for such a service.

-Peter

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Ok good luck. I think they are pretty helpful there.
There are plenty of people that do repairs online, and the fact that you’ve got all the bits is good.

Peter C

Established Member
Ok good luck. I think they are pretty helpful there.
There are plenty of people that do repairs online, and the fact that you’ve got all the bits is good.
OK. Thank you very much. Hopefully, I'll get it sent off soon and I'll update people here when I get it back.

-Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.