• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Back to front danger electricity signs on the Jubilee at Bond Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egg Centric

1695777326099.png

Picture speaks for itself I think (and thus not being familiar enough with Bond Street I'm not sure what direction this platform is in)

What's going on here? How are the danger signs like that!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dstock7080

Established Member
not exactly sure what you’re referring but East Putney and others have the same

Attachments

• IMG_7883.jpeg
    IMG_7883.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 77

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I think what’s being pointed out is that the arrows within the triangles are normally drawn reflected left right, ie like below:
If you’re familiar with the sign it’s noticeably different to normal.

Attachments

• IMG_1340.jpeg
    IMG_1340.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

zwk500

Veteran Member
Interestingly the sign on the back wall appears to be the correct way round.

Egg Centric

I think what’s being pointed out is that the arrows within the triangles are normally drawn reflected left right, ie like below:
If you’re familiar with the sign it’s noticeably different to normal.

Exactly - it's hard to understand how this has happened, you would almost have to go out of your way to do it wrong.

SunSeeker

Exactly - it's hard to understand how this has happened, you would almost have to go out of your way to do it wrong.
No idea the reason why it's like this, but it's not exactly a big deal is it, certainly not something I would look to get 'fixed' if it was at my station.

Egg Centric

No idea the reason why it's like this, but it's not exactly a big deal is it, certainly not something I would look to get 'fixed' if it was at my station.

I agree with the first bit. I dunno about the second as I'd be paranoid about the health and safety brigade saying the sign doesn't conform to blah blah blah.

snowball

Established Member
You could argue that on the Underground the arrow should in any case be coming up from below.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
A Google image search brings up too many examples to count, but it certainly looks as if every sign manufacturer normally has it the same way round.

rebmcr

Established Member
Probably a transfer that's been stuck on the wrong side of the print before affixing to the panel. LU's enamel signs are all handmade by one company in a relatively small workshop (on the IoW iirc).

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
The standard warning symbol mimics a lightning bolt, so I think should point downwards.
Having said that, aren't certain lightning strikes occasionally up from the ground to whatever's above (such as a storm cloud)?

dosxuk

Established Member
I agree with the first bit. I dunno about the second as I'd be paranoid about the health and safety brigade saying the sign doesn't conform to blah blah blah.
You'll be pleased to know there's plenty of flexibility in the regulations for the images used.

Small differences from the pictograms or symbols shown in Schedule 1 of the Regulations are acceptable, providing they do not affect or confuse the message that the sign conveys and as long as the resultant sign still meets the relevant identified ‘intrinsic features

Arguably, having the lightning bolt come from below could be said to confuse the message and therefore be prohibited, but a simple horizontal flip will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.