• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Banks, don't you just love them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aictos

Established Member
You try and ring them up to make a payment and they make you jump though hoops, with press 1, 2, 3 etc...then go though various security checks then tell you to enter the informations all over again!

They then put you on hold and play that awful music and when you put the call on hands free, there's no sound from the call so you've got no choice but to listen to the rubbish to wait for the operator to answer who's somewhere 5000 miles away!

On the other hand, when you don't want the buggers to contact you, they always manage to get though at that time of month when they're the last people you want to talk to.

I know direct debits can be used or use Internet Banking but I much prefer to ring in as I know then and there if a payment has been successful.

Bloody banks, <(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ukrob

Established Member
You need to change bank. I ring one number and a person based in England answers it if I don't want to use the automated person.

Dai.

Established Member
When it comes to ringing my bank I always get a normal person who is helpful and usually my issue is resolved in under an hour.

You my friend have a bad bank!

mrcheek

Established Member
My bank uses an Asian call centre. Yet they seem to have found a part of Asia, presumably somewhere in India, where everybody speaks perfect English, and is polite and competent. I have no problems with them.

Geezertronic

Established Member
I don't tend to have many issues with offshore call centres because the buggers cannot understand my Brummie accent. In fact I deal with offshore a lot for work and have been asked to speak slower and less Brummie when I interact with them :D

morgantyreman

just a small tip that call centres dont really want people to know (worked in sevral now) when you get the anoying phone "press 1 for this" thing just simply keep pressin 0 or hash/star it confuses the system and it dont like it, i will always put you through to a agent unless its T-mobile then it just puts the phone down on you. simple was to say 20 mins messing about on 0845 number. hope the advise helps people.

thanks

Morgan

me123

Established Member
Morgan is right. There is a code on most call centre systems which allows the caller to bypass the system. Where I worked, we used it to transfer customers because we had no internal transfer system. Again, this depends on the system, but you can bypass at any point. For example, on ours doing it at the start put you through to any agent, doing it for a department put you through to an agent from that department... If there's no free agent, you go to the top of the queue.

Aictos

Established Member
Thanks for the tip, will try again on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.