• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Barham FL

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOONY

Hi,
I have recently seen a Cab Ride video on Youtube which featured an aggregates train from Tunstead to "Barham FL" - as titled by the author. Try as I might I cannot find any reference to "Barham FL" anywhere. I did email the author to ask where this is but to date have not received a reply. Can someone enlighten me please?

Many thanks

Moony

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
There’s another location on RTT for “Barham FHH“ that would fit with Freightliner Heavy Haul. AIUI they don’t necessarily plan services using the exact location name.

66701GBRF

Barham is the aggregate sidings between Claydon (Ipswich) and Needham Market on the GEML. FL is indeed Freightlner and is used as shorthand instead of using the actual stanox (location) code. If it were a DB train it would be Barham DB for example.

Freightmaster

Established Member
Try as I might I cannot find any reference to "Barham FL" anywhere. I did email the author to ask where this is but to date have not received a reply. Can someone enlighten me please?

Further to 66701's reply, here is the exact location on Google Maps:

...and a nice shot I found on Flickr from 2018:

MARK

zwk500

Veteran Member
There’s another location on RTT for “Barham FHH“ that would fit with Freightliner Heavy Haul. AIUI they don’t necessarily plan services using the exact location name.
AIUI each FOC should have it's own TIPLOC at each location for administrative purposes. Although I think there are, as ever, several exceptions - it may depend quite heavily on the precise ownership boundaries and arrangements.

Further to 66701's reply, here is the exact location on Google Maps:

...and a nice shot I found on Flickr from 2018:

MARK
The Driver on the Liner train is good looking !!

Railwaysceptic

Established Member
Hi,
I have recently seen a Cab Ride video on Youtube which featured an aggregates train from Tunstead to "Barham FL" - as titled by the author. Try as I might I cannot find any reference to "Barham FL" anywhere. I did email the author to ask where this is but to date have not received a reply. Can someone enlighten me please?

Many thanks

Moony
Can you provide a link to the YouTube video, please? I've tried searching for it to no avail. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.