• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Barnsley-Settle-Carlisle Steam circa. April/May 1993

Status
Not open for further replies.

davart

I'm trying to determine the date of a trip I took on the above route on a Saturday way back in 1993.

It was a trip gifted to me. I had the tickets stored somewhere but they're now misplaced. I remember the borders of the tickets were purple instead of the usual orange.

I'm trying to find photos of the particular excursion online, but to do this, I first need to pin down an exact date.

I boarded at Barnsley. We ran up to Carlisle, stayed a few hours then returned. I think we stopped off on the way back somewhere along the Carlisle to Settle leg.

Does anyone know of a resource I could search online or perhaps someone may be able to suggest possibilities.

Many thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

M&NEJ

From my diary I have the following (approximate) notes in case I was going to go out and take photos; but I didn't actually go on any of these dates:-

27 March: 60532 (King's Cross - ) Bradford - Carlisle
3 April: 60532 (Rugby - ) Carlisle - Farington Junction
17 April: 46229 (Peterborough - ) Bradford - Carlisle
24 April: 46229 (Euston - ) Carlisle - Farington Junction
1 May: 4498 (Euston - ) Farington J - Carlisle
8 May: 4498 (Bristol - ) Carlisle - Farington J
15 May: 46203 (St.Albans - ) Farington J - Carlisle

Don't know if that helps but now I'm curious to know what you conclude! In my experience Six Bells Junction is pretty detailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.