• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Barrington Light Railway no website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fv43576

I didn't know there was 'Open Day on Saturday 26th September 2015', which I have missing it, I though I'll better find on a website for next running day but no address line can be found?

Is this really not a preserved line?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gazthomas

Established Member
To my knowledge it was a one-off. This is an operational landfill site, taking waste to infill the old quarry

WestCountry

It's a working industrial branch - previously it served the quarry and accompanying cement plant until those closed in 2009, and has now been reactivated to partially infill the quarry with waste.

There are a few trains each week, hauled by class 66s and operated by DBS (and some GBRf IIRC?). In this video you can see the normal stock alongside the saddle tank brought in for the open day.

Definitely not a preserved line - a few people have suggested creating one after the quarry infilling is completed, but not with any serious plans to my knowledge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.