• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Beeps on Alexander Dennis Enviro 400s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshman

Established Member
What are the four descending beeps I keep hearing on the Arriva Wales Sapphire Versions of the above buses?
They seem to go so-mi, mi-do]

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
I think it's something to do with the ticket machines and the GPS tracking, I hear a similar beep up here a lot on Arriva buses.

Might be wrong, though.

Deafdoggie

Established Member
It is the ticket machine warning the driver it is going into sleep mode. As it takes a while to wake up, you will normally see the drive press a button to keep it awake

175mph

On Moderation
Does the bus company East Yorkshire Motor Services use the same or similar ticket machines as Arriva does? It's just I'm on one of their buses right now and heard a very similar beep twice during the journey.

jon0844

Veteran Member
It is the ticket machine warning the driver it is going into sleep mode. As it takes a while to wake up, you will normally see the drive press a button to keep it awake

Why wouldn't it somehow be linked to the ignition and only go into power saving when the bus isn't running?

175mph

On Moderation
Why wouldn't it somehow be linked to the ignition and only go into power saving when the bus isn't running?
You'd think so, I was told that with Stagecoach and their ticket machines, they have them linked to the ignition system.

Status
Not open for further replies.