• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Belfast to Dublin Enterprise train.

DavyCrocket

I am wondering if anyone here can assist please?
I asked the railway company on X and was directed to the same Webpage as I had seen and then they failed to help
Again.

I am wanting to know if breakfast on the Belfast to Dublin Enterprise train is only served on departures before 12 noon or on all trains? The website doesn’t say a time, but I’ve seen a photo of a menu (unsure of when it was) that has it as only before 12 noon.

Thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Buzby

I used to commute weekly TO Belfast and I never saw the breakfast on PM drpartures. There was Afternoon Tea instead - which was very much the poor relation!

Elwyn

I travel on it from time to time and agree that I don’t think you can get breakfast after 1200. They use a different menu after 1200.

In general they serve 1st class first and hot food for the other passengers often has to wait till that service is done.

danm14

The breakfast menu is served on trains departing Dublin or Belfast before 12pm.

The lunch menu is served on trains departing Dublin or Belfast after 12pm.

Monday to Saturday, no hot food is served on the 6:05pm or 8:05pm from Belfast, nor on the 8:50pm from Dublin. The 8:05pm from Belfast has trolley service only, the others have full bar service without hot food.

No catering whatsoever is available on the Monday to Friday 6:35am from Newry to Dublin, nor the 5:21pm from Dublin to Newry - these are extensions of the Irish Rail commuter service between Dublin and Dundalk.

To the best of my knowledge, no catering whatsoever is available on the extra Saturday-only services (9:36am & 9:06pm from Belfast; 12:21pm & 6:20pm from Dublin). There may possibly be a trolley service (although I don't think there is), but definitely no bar service or hot food as these extra services are formed of NI Railways commuter stock.

Full catering is available on all Sunday trains.

Last edited:

Wakeful

You can find copies of the menus here: https://www.translink.co.uk/enterprisemenus

1st Plus food is the same as in standard, but the presentation is different i.e. in 1st Plus you'll be served at your seat, but in standard you'll need to visit the buffet carriage, order, and either eat there or walk back with your meal to the seat.

P.S. I've heard that the breakfast bagel is quite nice too! Enjoy your journey.