• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Belgian loco hauled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minilad

Established Member
Any Euro bashers out there know the current situation regarding loco hauled services. Particularly around the Brussels area. I am thinking of doing a day trip on Eurostar arriving around 11 and leaving around 1930. Hopefully will be able to get a fair few in the book in that time.
Any gen gratefully received

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
That's a very good site yes - but pay attention to the accuracy star rating!

As far as Brussels goes, the North-South tunnel sees plenty of loco-hauled trains among others, largely modern 18s but also 21s and 27s, 28s (Bombardier TRAXX) on the hourly Amsterdam train and the odd 13 on a Luxembourg service. I'd definitely recommend going on a weekday though, as in the peaks the locos are literally one behind the other - particularly the older (and more interesting if you ask me!) 21s and 27s.

Status
Not open for further replies.