• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Benefits to arriving early for train crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheelnrail

This morning I was looking over RTT at one of our local trains, the Stowmarket D.G.L. circular, usually a class 3 or 6 freight. Whenever it runs it's always early, today it was 126E.

Which has me wondering, aside from the obvious benefit to passengers if it was a passenger working, are there incentives for drivers? Yes i know pathing is up to signalmen, but if you're the driver of a consistently on time/early train are there benefits to you?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
This morning I was looking over RTT at one of our local trains, the Stowmarket D.G.L. circular, usually a class 3 or 6 freight. Whenever it runs it's always early, today it was 126E.

Which has me wondering, aside from the obvious benefit to passengers if it was a passenger working, are there incentives for drivers? Yes i know pathing is up to signalmen, but if you're the driver of a consistently on time/early train are there benefits to you?

early dinner surely!

LAX54

Established Member

It's the weedkiller, catching up on missed sites, so assuming clear runs, and maybe skipping a PNB if not needed, and if freights are late getting an earlier path.... you will end up getting back to base ahead of time :)

It was 6Z13 2341 last night, looks like it did not go to Kings Lynn, so picked up time, and booked in Bury Loop for an hour, but nothing around, so no need :), of course another day it could be 126 late !

dk1

Veteran Member
I'm struggling to think of any other reason. All traincrew think about is getting on a flyer. Oh the joys of being 'spare' :p

Status
Not open for further replies.