• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Berko signals help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaztynan

Good morning fellow modelers.

I have recently bought two berko signals for my small layout. I am trying to wire them up in sequence so that they illuminate in order from one switch. I have limited electrical knowledge!

one is 4 aspect the other is 3.

I am trying to achive this sequences:

Signal 1 signal 2

red amber
amber double amber
green green
not used red

They all run from the same power supply, although the 4 aspect light has two negative outputs with inline resisters.

I have nearly achieved this BUT, when signal 2 shows amber, signal 1 shows amber and red at the same time.

Any help would be much appreciated.

diagram attached to help (or at least give you a laugh)

Attachments

• BERKO.jpg
    BERKO.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 31
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
I also have limited knowledge, but it looks like the power supply going through the lower yellow (it's not amber) on signal two is feeding both the yellow and red on signal one. I'm not certain how you solve that.

John Webb

Established Member
Include a plain diode (1N4001 or 1N4148, I think) in the wire from the Red on signal 1 to the yellow on signal 2, with the banded end nearest the Yellow on Signal 2.
Likewise insert a second diode in the link from the Yellow of Sig 1 to the lower yellow of sig 2.
When the lower yellow on Sig 2 is lit with the upper yellow on Sig 2 from the Yellow on sig 1, these diodes will prevent the feed-back of voltage to the Red on Sig 1.

Don2912

You could try using a MAS - Sequencer (available from Heathcote Electronics).
It'll save an awful lot of faffing about with wires and switches.

I have several of these little units awaiting installation on my own layout; experiments with them suggest money well spent!

Status
Not open for further replies.