• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Berlin to Budapest Sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brucey

I'm thinking of taking the Berlin to Budapest EuroNight "Metropol" train later in the year.

There are two fares for a 1-person berth on the DB website: "one person in economy single berth" and "one person in deluxe single berth".

I can't find any information about the differences between the berths. Also, nothing about what is included (e.g. breakfast).

The difference is only €20, but seems a waste to pay extra when an economy berth would be perfectly adequate.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Deluxe sleeper has its own shower and wc, depends whether that's an advantage to you.

Can't speak from experience, but on CNL trains you get a nightcap and a better breakfast. And at my age the facilities are worth the extra anyway! €20 is a very modest price differential.

Found this v recent post in German (but with pix) which might help. http://www.ice-treff.de/index.php?mode=thread&id=366921

Redonian

I travelled on The Metropol in May from Bratislava. Only got as far as Dresden because of the DB strike.
The sleeping car is provided by Czech Railways. It is air con. The price difference is because the de luxe has an en suite toilet and shower.
There is breakfast but all I was asked when I boarded was if I wanted tea or coffee in the morning. I think there is supposed to be a menu but the car attendant wasn't up to much and in the morning I had to request breakfast which he didn't seem keen to provide.

Brucey

Thanks. Seems the extra €20 is probably worth it, even at my ripe young (but less than a year left to enjoy European youth fares).

Status
Not open for further replies.