• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best and worst interiors outwidth Virgin and East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam_Hendry

In my opinion, best would probably be Class 222 East Midlands, the interior looks nice, the lighting is just right and it is always nice and cosy :)
Worst for me would be either Northerns class 142 refurbished or Northerns class 150/1. Both because they are bad for overcrowding, they both smell of urine and the interior itself looks horrible. It's always cold unless you ride them on a hot summers day.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Best is a hard one, but I would probably say the Class 175. Very comfortable, a spacious layout with a good mix of airline and table seats, and great air conditioning.

If you ask me, the worst interior is any of the Class 172s, no contest.

TrainBoy98

I like the EMT 222s and the Hull 180s, both lovely interiors and all round in my opinion; no particular classes interior I hate though.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
My favorite is Grand Central HST carriages, especially the declassified first class one. Least favorite, by about 47 miles, is the XC voyager. It is beneath contempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.