• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best place to trainspot in London?

Intercity_225

In February, I'm going down to London to trainspot but I can't choose what station! What have you got in your list?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

spyinthesky

It really depends on what you want to see.
Clapham Junction for SWR and Southern.
KGX, STP & EUS are all easy walking between each other.
Or just use contactless and travel between a variety

Tony2

Depends what you are looking for?

Here are a few suggestions:

Bethnal Green or Stratford for Anglian services (I’d advise against Liverpool St as it’s difficult to see everything from one spot and it’s a dark hole!)

Hornsey for ECML services and the depot is adjacent to the station.

Clapham junction- obviously!

St Pancras International for Eurostar EMT and the class 395s, if you ask nicely at the southeastern platforms the staff let you in, I’ve never been refused. From the end of this platform all of the workings in and out of the station are visible.

Freight- Wandsworth road or Clapham Junction or NLL stations, overground is handy for getting around.

That list is not exhaustive, just some of the stations I tend to visit when in London.

Intercity_225

Depends what you are looking for?

Here are a few suggestions:

Bethnal Green or Stratford for Anglian services (I’d advise against Liverpool St as it’s difficult to see everything from one spot and it’s a dark hole!)

Hornsey for ECML services and the depot is adjacent to the station.

Clapham junction- obviously!

St Pancras International for Eurostar EMT and the class 395s, if you ask nicely at the southeastern platforms the staff let you in, I’ve never been refused. From the end of this platform all of the workings in and out of the station are visible.

Freight- Wandsworth road or Clapham Junction or NLL stations, overground is handy for getting around.

That list is not exhaustive, just some of the stations I tend to visit when in London.
Okay, thank you.

I've got another question now:

What Stations That Are In London Need A Lanyard (or something similar) to Trainspot?