• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best purchase options related to the South Devon Mainline

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad465

Established Member
While I can't find a release date it appears the JustTrains' South Devon (SD) Mainline is near release, given more information and prices are provided. :)

I definitely want to get this route, however I'm not sure about getting it as an extension or stand alone. While I own the Western Mainlines' (WM) route the high density scenery makes it slow (this is a common problem with more than just me), such that I'm discouraged from the extension aspect to avoid making one big file even bigger, plus the unrealistic nature of a driver driving the entire route from London to Plymouth. :|

But with the Cornish Mainline now in development, ideally I'd like the SD route and CM route merged together, but without the WM route attached. Does anyone think this will be possible, or would I likely have to have them all together to get this outcome? :roll: :idea:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
I think they are all just extensions of the original, so I think it's all or nothing.

brad465

Established Member
Sounds fair, though myself and everyone else getting everything would probably need a supercomputer to get it to load at a comparable rate to most routes ;)

superalbs

Established Member
Do also consider the freeware 'Devon Rails' route, which IMO looks far far far better in terms of scenery (not as many ugly kuju assets), and also features the line to Exmouth, Axminster, Gunnislake, Barnstaple, and Okehampton, as well as the Exeter to Plymouth route.

spookywestie

Do also consider the freeware 'Devon Rails' route, which IMO looks far far far better in terms of scenery (not as many ugly kuju assets), and also features the line to Exmouth, Axminster, Gunnislake, Barnstaple, and Okehampton, as well as the Exeter to Plymouth route.

Very true, definitely consider Devon Rails. It works and looks so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.