• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best route for a Croydon Tram pub crawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I'm visiting my friend who moved to Croydon in a few weeks. He lives in Sandilands so I expect we would meet in Croydon and head out east before coming back West and finishing in Wimbledon. I would love any suggestions of routes, pubs or points of interest.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

steamybrian

Established Member
In my opinion the most scenic route is the route to New Addington but there are very pubs of interest. When I visit Croydon I use "the George " Wetherspoons adjacent to George Street tram stop. I have also recently visited the "Porter and Sorter" on a side street adjacent to East Croydon station. There are others in Central Croydon such as the "Dog and Bull" in Surrey Street- which I last visited many years ago (nearest tram stop George Street). The tram passes "The Cricketers" in Addiscombe Road (nearest stop Lebanon Road) but have not visited. In Addington the only pub/restaurant which I have used is the "Harvesters" adjacent to Addington Village tram stop.
I am unsure of those in the Elmers End/Beckenham area.

Last edited:

Smitham

The Albert at Harrington Rd is worth a visit. Some good pubs in Beckenham too.

Status
Not open for further replies.