• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best station for the 317s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lm321412

Hello,

When I am next going to London, I am wondering which station on the NXEA Map is best for photographing the 317s. Bethnal Green was a thought but most don't stop there and therefore might not always produce the best results.

Having a quick look on Wikipedia, I am looking for opinions and advice on these stations when snapping 317 units.

Cheshunt
Northumberland Park
Tottenham Hale

Will appreciate any advice on this.

Cheers!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Bethnal Green is probably the best location in fact - unless you want the haulages as well.

True, a lot of the 317s don't stop there, but they aren't going all that fast when they come through either. You also have the advantage of the main line being adjacent as well, so if you need pictures of anything that runs on that route as well...:)

lm321412

Bethnal Green is probably the best location in fact - unless you want the haulages as well.

True, a lot of the 317s don't stop there, but they aren't going all that fast when they come through either. You also have the advantage of the main line being adjacent as well, so if you need pictures of anything that runs on that route as well...:)

Erm, would be after some of the haulages too but I suppose I could go there and one of the locations I mentioned above. Unless it is a nice sunny day, anything moving involves changing the setting to Shutter Prioirty from Auto No Flash and messing around with it all, but I am sure somewhere along the line I will get some good snaps! :)

Thanks for that mate.

12CSVT

Established Member
Just a bit of info about Northumberland Park - the line is almost dead straight for quite a distance in both directions and not exactly the most inspiring photographic location. Very few trains stop there (usually just the Stansted - Stratford shuttle) and is unstaffed for most of the day.

There are also several Ilford - Liverpool Street E.C.S. workings just before and during the evening peak.

Established Member
As a huge fan of the 317s, I can tell you some good locations!

If you're looking for photographs of the 317s, I'd recommend Tottenham Hale as they all stop there. If you want to film them passing with the motors screaming, I'd recommend Enfield Lock.

lm321412

As a huge fan of the 317s, I can tell you some good locations!

If you're looking for photographs of the 317s, I'd recommend Tottenham Hale as they all stop there. If you want to film them passing with the motors screaming, I'd recommend Enfield Lock.

Nice to see somebody else that likes them!

I think I will go Tottenham Hale as I am more interested in photography than filming!

Cheers for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.