• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Big difference between STD and First fare

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdwarr

I was just looking (on NRE) at how long the journey from Stevenage (SVG) to Sheringham (SHM) would take and noticed that the Standard Anytime Single was £28.60. But the First Anytime Single on the same trains is £110!
Why is there such a premium for First? I was looking at travel on a Saturday as well.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Brucey

They are different tickets.

£28.60 is route VIA CAMBRIDGE.
£110.00 is route +ANY PERMITTED.

The anytime single standard Any Permitted is £68.70.

Ivo

Established Member
The £28.60 fare is specific to routes via Cambridge. However, no First Class singles exist via this route - they are all routed Any Permitted, which includes London. The comparable SOS is a far steeper £68.70.

Next time I'm writing less :roll:

Flamingo

Established Member
I was just looking (on NRE) at how long the journey from Stevenage (SVG) to Sheringham (SHM) would take and noticed that the Standard Anytime Single was £28.60. But the First Anytime Single on the same trains is £110!
Why is there such a premium for First? I was looking at travel on a Saturday as well.

Because there is. <D

jopsuk

Veteran Member
presumably it isn't much longer, and could even be quicker?

Status
Not open for further replies.