• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Big Lemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow1964

Established Member
Big Lemon are starting operations in Bath on 28th November

We are very excited to announce that hot on the heels of our launch in Bristol, we will launching services in Bath on Monday the 28th November!
We will be operating the following services:

Route 11: Bus Station – Bathampton

Route 12: Bus Station – Haycombe Cemetery

Route 20: University – Twerton
As with our Bristol services, due to the short timeframe for mobilisation we will be running diesel buses to begin with, and will develop a plan over the next few months for the transition to zero emissions electric buses in the future, powered by renewable energy and owned by the community.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Marcus Fryer

Yesterday (25 November) I saw what I think was a Wright Streetlite WF on the 13:20 from Southmead to Broadmead. I didn’t get the full reg, but I think it might have been a 16 plate. It was all-over white. This vehicle doesn’t appear on bustimes. Can anyone please provide more details? Thanks.

Callum15632

Yesterday (25 November) I saw what I think was a Wright Streetlite WF on the 13:20 from Southmead to Broadmead. I didn’t get the full reg, but I think it might have been a 16 plate. It was all-over white. This vehicle doesn’t appear on bustimes. Can anyone please provide more details? Thanks.
I did see that one was a 64 plate I think

Last edited:

lewesroad

According to bustimes.org, The Big Lemon is starting new services 11 (Bath bus station-Bathampton) and 12 (Bath bus station-Haycombe Cemetry) from tomorrow (28th November).
OK, thanks. Is there any hope of the Clevedon 54 being reinstated?

Citistar

Big Lemon's 11, 12 and 20 services in Bath are due to start tomorrow (28th Nov 22). Their services in Bristol (505, 506, 515, 516) have been somewhat disrupted over the past week after a vandalism incident in which several windows were broken.

In the previous HCT thread, @lewesroad asked if the 54 service in Clevedon was due to be replaced. The short answer would appear to be no. I know at least one operator showed an interest (and potentially as many as three operators), but North Somerset Council chose not to pursue the offer(s).

Last edited:

APT618S

They have 2 Streetlites, SN64 CUC & CUJ according to their fleetlist:

Whiteway215

Established Member
The Big Lemon operating in Bath today, taking on three supported services First were not prepared to continue.

BIG558 operating the 11 to Bathampton

Peugeot minibus WJ65DNF on 12 to Haycombe Cemetery.

Streetlite WF SN64CUJ on 20 University of Bath/Twerton

Streetlite WF SN64CUG parked on The Ambury.

Marcus Fryer

The Big Lemon operating in Bath today, taking on three supported services First were not prepared to continue.

BIG558 operating the 11 to Bathampton
Peugeot minibus WJ65DNF on 12 to Haycombe Cemetery.
Streetlite WF SN64CUJ on 20 University of Bath/Twerton
Streetlite WF SN64CUG parked on The Ambury.
Think the 20 requires two buses?
Also, are you sure about BIG 558? It is a Higer Steed which bustimes.org shows ias running on the 47 in Brighton this afternoon.

They have 2 Streetlites, SN64 CUC & CUJ according to their fleetlist:
That list doesn’t seem to include the Higers?

Last edited:

Whiteway215

Established Member
Think the 20 requires two buses?
Also, are you sure about BIG 558? It is a Higer Steed which bustimes.org shows ias running on the 47 in Brighton this afternoon.

That list doesn’t seem to include the Higers?
Yes it was definitely BIG558.
There is a picture of it on South West & Wales Bus Enthusiasts Facebook opposite Bath Guildhall operating the 11 (Courtesy Tim Jennings)
There are three Streetlites as well SN 64CUC/G/J

The 20 requires two buses, one each on 11 and 12.

The same source as the above mentioned picture says the buses are parked at Beckington Services which has recharging facilities for BIG558.

Whiteway215

Established Member
Interesting choice of location. Any idea where maintenance is being carried out?
No sorry I don’t know.
The Big Lemon have a base in the Bristol area. No doubt others on this forum will have the answer to your question.

Marcus Fryer

Two dual-door Enviro 200, red GN08 CHC and yellow LK08 DXD, are operating in Bristol, usually on the 505. They don’t have destination displays, only a card with the route number stuck in the front window. Meanwhile, bustimes.org shows three of the former HCT Enviro 200, YX17 NRV/NRY and NSU as running in Bath.

bussnapperwm

Established Member
Two dual-door Enviro 200, red GN08 CHC and yellow LK08 DXD, are operating in Bristol, usually on the 505. They don’t have destination displays, only a card with the route number stuck in the front window. Meanwhile, bustimes.org shows three of the former HCT Enviro 200, YX17 NRV/NRY and NSU as running in Bath.

CHC was a former vehicle of red Thandi (Thandi Coaches)

sk688

Big fan of the new operations in Bath and have used them frequently, wonder if they'd consider combining the 11 and 12 back into one route again after First split it into two following Wessex's collapse ? Would result in better crosstown connections between Oldfield Park/Southdown and Bathampton without necessiting a change at the bus station

PG

Established Member
Big fan of the new operations in Bath and have used them frequently, wonder if they'd consider combining the 11 and 12 back into one route again after First split it into two following Wessex's collapse ? Would result in better crosstown connections between Oldfield Park/Southdown and Bathampton without necessiting a change at the bus station
Maybe worth getting in touch with the company and suggesting it?

Citistar

The services are operated under contract to the Combined Authority who refused the option of reuniting the two sections of route in to one service when Lemon took them over. Given how service 12 is hardly ever more than 200m away from another more frequent bus route, one does wonder how this one keeps escaping the axe when the CA appears to be proposing that all supported bus services outside of Bath get their funding withdrawn.

bristol1996

They've lost huge amounts of work and in fact only do DRT in Bristol and assisted community transport within Bristol and surrounding area. They've got a lovely and clean yard, although it's way too big for their operation, so we shall see how long they keep the depot for with no fleet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marcus Fryer

It’s officially been announced on the Big Lemon website that they will be operating the 84/85 (Yate - Wotton-under-Edge circulars) from Monday 5 June:

Route 84/85: Yate – Chipping Sodbury – Wotton-Under-Edge​

Circular route 84/85 offers a link between Yate, Chipping Sodbury, Horton, Hawkesbury Upton, Hillesley, Alderley, Wortley, Wotton Under Edge, Kingswood, Charfield, Leyhill, Cromhall, and Wickwar. The route Operates Monday to Saturday (excluding Bank Holidays).

Service 84/85 will be operated by The Big Lemon from Monday 5 June 2023

Timetable (Click on the image below to open a larger pdf timetable)

Fares​

• Child/Student Single: £1
  • Adult Single £2
  • Adult Return: £3.50
  • AvonRider Child Day: £5.30
  • AvonRider Child Week: £22.50
  • AvonRider Adult Day: £7
  • AvonRider Adult Week: £30
AvonRider tickets are valid on all services and operators in South Gloucestershire, Bristol, North Somerset and Bath & North East Somerset.

We accept cash and contactless payments on our buses, as well as English Concessionary Travel passes. Staff passes from other bus companies are also accepted.
All buses are fitted with tracking software and during times of service you will be able to see the location of the bus on the interactive map above.

Last edited:

DaveLondon

They've lost huge amounts of work and in fact only do DRT in Bristol and assisted community transport within Bristol and surrounding area. They've got a lovely and clean yard, although it's way too big for their operation, so we shall see how long they keep the depot for with no fleet.
EZEC have now registered the Parson Street yard as their main operating centre - for 29 vehicles.

It’s officially been announced on the Big Lemon website that they will be operating the 84/85 (Yate - Wotton-under-Edge circulars) from Monday 5 June:

I understand that the route has only been extended for a few weeks - a very short term offering I am afraid.

Marcus Fryer

Noticed today a WESTlink vehicle (KX18 KVN) with a label in its nearside window “On hire to The Big Lemon, 137 Parson Street, Bristol”.

Marcus Fryer

The timetable for the Yate - Wooton-under-Edge routes changed from Monday 26 June; there are now three clockwise circuits (Route 84) and three anti-clockwise circuits (Route 85) each day.
Important Update on the 84/85 Service : Service Changes from Monday 26 June 2023

Last edited:

DaveLondon

Noticed today a WESTlink vehicle (KX18 KVN) with a label in its nearside window “On hire to The Big Lemon, 137 Parson Street, Bristol”.
Yes there are around 8 of these. I think it is linked to the runs where Big Lemon has been supplying drivers to drive for E-Zec.

Cesarcollie

Yes there are around 8 of these. I think it is linked to the runs where Big Lemon has been supplying drivers to drive for E-Zec.

Streuth that’s confusing. Who is hiring what to whom? Whose O Licence? Whose vehicles? Whose service registration ?

Status
Not open for further replies.