• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Birmingham-Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

crosscity

I have bought a Kings Norton-Liverpool Stations Off-Peak Return ticket in the London Midland Half-Price Rail Sale, going out on Tuesday. It has Ticket type 'ONLINE ONLY SVR', Route 'VIA CREWE' and Validity 'SEE RESTRICTNS'. I have two questions:

1) Can this ticket be used on non-LM trains?
2) and if so, is via Chester a permitted route?

We are staying in Liverpool for two nights, and I thought lunch in Chester on the way back might be nice.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tony_mac

Established Member
Can I travel only on London Midland trains with my 'sale' ticket?

If your ticket is marked 'Any permitted' under the word 'route', then you can use any train operator for your journey.
So, yes, you can travel on other operators. (And many of us have done this in previous years).
is via Chester a permitted route?
Yes, via Chester (and Crewe) is a valid route (e.g. on Maps CC+CH, as well as within 3 miles of shortest).

Last edited:

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Agreed. In fact there are quite a few tickets in the London Midland sale that can't actually be made on London Midland trains at all, so you MUST use other operators.

crosscity

Brilliant! The LM sale plus the TwoTogether Railcard means we both have a flexible ticket for just over £12 return. Because it's only available on-line, it's like an advance fare with walk-on validity.

Just one thing - the Route says 'VIA CREWE' not 'ANY PERMITTED'. My question was, provided I travel via Crewe, is travelling from Crewe to Liverpool via Chester (or vice versa) on this ticket valid?

All Line Rover

Established Member
Brilliant! The LM sale plus the TwoTogether Railcard means we both have a flexible ticket for just over £12 return. Because it's only available on-line, it's like an advance fare with walk-on validity.

Just one thing - the Route says 'VIA CREWE' not 'ANY PERMITTED'. My question was, provided I travel via Crewe, is travelling from Crewe to Liverpool via Chester (or vice versa) on this ticket valid?

Yes, of course. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.