• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Birmingham location query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle

Established Member
Does anyone have a clue please as to this location in Brum? On the left is the Midland Tavern (Mitchells & Butler) and next to the bridge the Viaduct Tavern (Ansells). The photo dates to the mid-1970s I think and shows three bridges on this road.

Attachments

• abk717.jpg
    abk717.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 37
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
Looks like Aston. The bridge in the foreground is immediately before the station whereas the middle bridge looks like the Chase Line.

As for the road itself I'm not too sure perhaps the Aston Hall Road?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Don't quote me on it, I could be mega wrong :( - only the bridges seem to be a clue and I can't find a similar shot on street view

Last edited:

gg1

Established Member
Was it then Lawley Street please?

Thanks for the input...that area has clearly changed out of all recognition!

Yes, it was renamed when converted to a dual carriageway as pat of the Birmingham middle ring road in the mid 70s.

The Corona Bedford TK brings back memories, I remember those making door to deliveries in the early 80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.