• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Birmingham New Street

N Scorah

Could anyone advise which is the best platform to be able to see all trains at New Street?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Spaceship323

Could anyone advise which is the best platform to be able to see all trains at New Street?
The East end of p.9 or p.7 I find best as you won't have a pendolino blocking your view for 15' every hour, although the bay is at the West (signalbox) end so you'll need to walk the along the platform to see the units there. There is nowhere to sit at either end, and don't forget to sign in and get a pass if you're going to be there for some time.

N Scorah

The East end of p.9 or p.7 I find best as you won't have a pendolino blocking your view for 15' every hour, although the bay is at the West (signalbox) end so you'll need to walk the along the platform to see the units there. There is nowhere to sit at either end, and don't forget to sign in and get a pass if you're going to be there for some time.
Thanks for that. Where do I sign in?

TheTallOne

So out through the barriers then?
Yeah. Aim for the B end barriers, near platforms 10-12. You’ll see the small entrance to Starbucks next to those barriers, walk out, turn right, go past the main entrance to the Starbucks and turn right again into NR reception.