• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Birmingham PSB Virtual Tour

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nicholas Lewis

Established Member
What a marvellous record. Only regret is that the control room footage couldn't have been taken whilst still in operation - it looks bereft of life without the signalmen, illuminated panels, row of mugs all along the top etc.

New St Signal Box.jpg

TheTallOne

What a marvellous record. Only regret is that the control room footage couldn't have been taken whilst still in operation - it looks bereft of life without the signalmen, illuminated panels, row of mugs all along the top etc.

View attachment 149922
Love the photo.

I applied for tickets for the in person tour, but the chances of being successful were very low!

Glad they did the virtual tour.

It'd be good if someone could describe what all the things do, although whilst I do like tech, maybe it would be too much detail!

I did find a few short videos online too, recorded on the day of the actual tours

duffield

Established Member
Took me a few seconds head scratching before I realised that on the signallers' panel, Birmingham New Street was "upside down" compared to Tracksy. :)

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Took me a few seconds head scratching before I realised that on the signallers' panel, Birmingham New Street was "upside down" compared to Tracksy. :)

I think youll find it is tracksy that is upside down!